All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Trigger Outs - 4ms

A different length of trigger will probably affect the sound, since it’s an analog circuit. Still might be worth trying though...  
  3. Trigger Outs - 4ms

Same! It seems the DOUT triggers can be enabled in the hardware config file by "DOUT_1MS_TRIGGER" then the variable seq_hwcfg_dout_gate_1ms is set from this text command but I don't find where this variable is used, so I can tell how this is used, even less how to change its length. I think we have to call @TK. for that, he's the only one who can explain how and what is doable. Best Bruno
  4. Trigger Outs - 4ms

The clock pulse can be varied in ms steps, but the triggers are either gate or 1ms. Does it work to use "gates" instead? Often a trigger input will react on the rising edge. If it's the falling edge though, then a gate wouldn't help. I had a quick look through the code, but I couldn't find an obvious solution. Clocks are different to triggers, as the timing is always consistent relative to the master tempo. 
  5. Trigger Outs - 4ms

Or a 74HC123, anyway, I don't know how, but I'm sure there's a way to set the drum triggers out of the Seq V4 to 4ms instead of 1ms. Maybe ask here: But first, did you already try your module with the 1ms triggers?  ;) Best regards Bruno
  6. Yesterday
  7. Trigger Outs - 4ms

Why does it need to use a 4016? I don’t know what to plug into that MFOS circuit, but it seems like a 555 in monostable mode will do the trick, no?
  8. Trigger Outs - 4ms

I found a "pulse stretcher" circuit on the MFOS page, but I don't know what res/cap values would be correct and I don't have a scope :-( Any suggestions on the value for those two components so a 4ms trigger would result? Andrew
  9. Trigger Outs - 4ms

I am building a tr-606 sound module that requires 4ms triggers, but of course I want to trigger it from my MIDIBox (V4) sequencer. Is there some way to adjust the trigger length of the DOUT via configuration? Or has anyone built a circuit to extend the triggers to 4ms (with CD4016 chips) that they could share? thanks! Andrew
  10. MB6582 Control Surface troubleshooting

Nice! That would have stumped me.
  11. Last week
  12. MB6582 Control Surface troubleshooting

It's working! 2 dud LEDs in the matrix was causing the CS to misinterpret button presses. Didn't realise they were dud for ages. 
  13. MB6582 Control Surface troubleshooting

Back to my issue with menu, shift, and navigation right of the display buttons not working. Iv'e replaced shift registers, replaced all the transistors for the switches, and checked all joints in that area. Still no luck fixing the problem and I'm at a loss now what to do next.
  14. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

@jayteeIt was still dropping the 5v to 1v, but eventually I fixed the problem. I am not entirely sure where it was as I went through a very long process of checking for shorts and reseating ICs. Anyway, it's working now, I have sound from my two SIDs, information on my screen and lights on my control surface. Now to sort out the buttons that still aren't working, so will return to my CS troubleshooting on the other thread.  Thanks @jayteeand @Hawkeyefor you help with this one. It was a total pain but I have come out the other side with a better understanding of how this machine works thanks to your advice.
  15. [FS] MB 6582 with 4 SIDs

The item is still available but i am not at home for another few weeks. Since a few people were asking, i will post an update as soon as i am back in germany.
  16. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

If you’re only briefly showing continuity when you first connect your probe (ie you get a short beep but then everything seems good) then it’s probably fine. That will often happen because your meter is charging a capacitor, allowing current to flow, which very briefly looks like continuity to the meter.
  17. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

My first test showed constant continuity between the ground and 5v. Some checking and fixing a couple of suspect looking joints and it's now just showing continuity briefly when I first connect the probe. I've disconnected the control surface and that's fine, the short is on the main board. Also took of the DC convertor and that's working fine on it's own directly connected to the PSU I'm using. I guess it's just a case of continuing to hunt for a short on the main board. Visually I've inspected the whole thing and it's not obvious to me yet...
  18. MB6582 Control Surface troubleshooting

@jayteeThanks, really helpful, will reply on the power supply issue on the power supply thread. Sorry for confusing things with multiple threads!
  19. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

Ah, sorry, replied on your other thread, didn’t see that you had posted here and already gotten the same advice. 
  20. Thanks for the encouraging words! I feel like it *should* pretty much just work, but of course I’m sure there will be some hiccups along the way.  I think the Bass Engine will be particularly fun with CV and gate outputs. Lead engine seems like it adds basically an entire rack of modules to a modular system.
  21. MB6582 Control Surface troubleshooting

Doublecheck first to see if any two of the regulator’s three legs are short-circuited (three total continuity tests). If the other rails are good, sounds like it may be a short between 5V and gnd? If you find a short, you may or may not need to replace the regulator; some are well protected and will just start working again while others will fry. If you don’t find a short between two rails...it probably still failed for a reason so probably worth it to triple-check your work (jewler’s loupe can be had for cheap on eBay!)   Otoh, sometimes shit fails for no apparent reason and it’s just a bad part that needs replacing. Or sometimes you accidentally shorted something while working and didn’t realize it till later. Or some other freak occurance that borks your work but otherwise won’t happen again. So don’t stress too much if you can’t find an obvious fault. Try replacing it and if it fails again, then at least you’ve established a pattern and have a better idea what to look for. And if it works, it works.
  22. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

Only had time for a quick test this evening, but yes, there's some continuity between 5v and ground. Now to hunt down the short...
  23. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

In complement for an external power supply and USB power management. With this circuits the external power has priority over USB power. It works fine cause this is the one there is on all arduino uno board, so well improved. And I did the same thing on the dipBoardF4 external power module and use it. Best regards Bruno
  24. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

@HawkeyeThanks! Ah yes I did that, thanks for clarifying the terminology. My external PSU is still delivering 12v without being connected, and also 12v coming into the power in jack on the PCB when it is connected. I'll check for shorts where I was working when I get home later. I suspect it is the base board as I was trying to track down another problem and resoldering some joints just before it happened.
  25. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

PS: if you are not using an external switching voltage regulator, please forget my recommendation to test it "unloaded", as that is impossible, sorry for the confusion, hehe! :) Next up then would be to measure between 5V and GND and separate the boards to find on which board the problem is. Many greets! Peter
  26. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

@oliq sorry if it was unclear, if you have not done it before, the idea was just disconnect the PSU from your MB6582 and measure the voltages the PSU provides "unloaded", without being attached to any device. I'd half expect that you don't have a problem with the switching voltage regulator itself, as these are often normally protected against a lot of things like shorting, overcurrent, overtemperature... That way you can find out, if the PSU really has a problem or (and that in conjunction with measuring resistance between 5V and GND rails) if one of the boards (baseboard or CS) has a problem. In the best case, you would just remove the short (when you find it) and the PSU should continue to work, no replacement of the voltage regulator necessary. Many greets and good luck! Peter
  27. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

Thank you both, really appreciate your ideas. I'll have a look at implementing them tonight. Just wanted to ask what you mean Peter about running the PSU unloaded, how would I do that? Sorry for my ignorance! I've removed the ICs for now to avoid damage.
  28. Load more activity