All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Very nice, thanks again. Will give it a try.
  3. Fortunately no problem to support negative values :) Please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_ng_v1_037_pre5.zip Best Regards, Thorsten.
  4. Yesterday
  5. C3 with diff vel. 2 diff. notes

You're welcome ;) No it will not "struggle" but, this is just a way to handle the DOUT from MIDI Input, not to play something from a midi file. But this last thing is also possible. Anyway this is very cool and fun :) Best regards Bruno  
  6. C3 with diff vel. 2 diff. notes

Hi Bruno, Thank you very much! Altough this is quite "abracadabra" to me, I managed to copy your example in the app.c file of the MIDIO128_v3 folder and after some troubleshooting it recompiled, and it works! I can play C3's with different velocities and they're played by DOUTpin 0,1 and 2. I'll manage to expand this further to my needs. Only thing I'm a bit worried about, is that I just add a bit of code to the MIDIO128 app, and that this piece of code will "struggle" with the original app. Or shouln't this be a problem?! Thanks anyway, I'm ways further to my goal now. HERE is an early vid of my experiments
  7. Works too, thanks. I've a question regarding the range of kb_transpose. I'm planning to have a transposition range of +/- 2 octaves. I assume kb_transpose stepping is laid out in half tones, so it would look like -24, -12, 0, 12, 24. But this will not work as negative values seem to be forbidden. Any idea how to achieve this?
  8. In this particular case you could also "set ^section 2", it should do the same (because ^section 2 follows ^section 1, no jump required) Best Regards, Thorsten.  
  9. Thank you Thorsten! May i ask how i can call another section from inside a section. if ^section == 1 RunSection:2 endif if ^section == 2 endif   Edit: Sorry, just found it myself. exec_meta does the trick
  10. If it is in your budget you might want to look into an xy slide for your drill press. perfect aligned holes. You can make your layout in inscape then  print it and tape it to a sheet of lexan or plexiglass  to see right where to drill. Aluminum is a lot stiffer but has a bit more cost. You will want to attach your panel to a scrap piece of wood so you are not drilling into your xy slide. https://www.ebay.com/itm/mini-Bench-Drill-Press-Vise-Fixture-Worktable-X-Y-Cross-Slide-Milling-Machine/163791745756?hash=item2622bfb2dc:g:jGoAAOSwhgtbx-BX What you are doing will work but you may have some issues with your encoders pushing back through. They make encoders that are threaded that you can put a nut on so this does not happen. I would not recommend gluing them as they will be hard to service.   I have been able to also do a pretty good job with printing my layout out with the centers of the holes marked with an x and drilling the first hole with a really tiny bit. The smaller the pilot hole the less error you should have in your finished holes. A self centering step bit is also really helpful for stepping the holes to the size you want.
  11. Hi, there is currently no way to declare custom variables, but you can use the storage of any unused event instead. E.g. let's say you don't use LED:1000, then just use it to store your value. Best Regards, Thorsten.
  12. Hi. I want to implement octave up/down buttons as found on many midi keyboards. I've read the NGR documentation and can't find a way to either read the value of kb_transpose or declare a global custom variable instead. The custom var would be used to store the current transpose value and in if-else statements inside the NGR script. Do i have to setup a dummy element and use its value as my custom variable? If yes, how do i do this? Or is there a better way of doing this?
  13. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

That's the correct orientation for RNs. I think the set dout command should still work after an .NGC is loaded. If you can't set the DOUT pins, then the sink side (cathodes) of your matrix don't work. As the behaviour is common to both boards, my guess is that there is an issue on the Core or one of the connecting cables. Check IC1B pins 4/5/6 (4=0V, 5=buffer output, 6=buffer input for SO) and back to PB15 on the MCU. It could be a soldering issue with the J8/9 header, the IC or that the header pins don't make sufficient contact to the female connector or similar. Check IC1B, pins 11/12/13 (RC1) and back to PB12 on the MCU, though the shift in should still occur on the RC2 pulse, which from your working encoders suggests that part of the SRIO chain is functional.  
  14. Fatar TP/40L Midification

hi i got a fatar keybed 76 note i just wont to make it into a small desktop midi controller what do i need for that i got a 20 pin and a 16 pin and a 4pin for probably the aftertouch from  ketron sd 1  thanks 
  15. Last week
  16. sell BLM16x16+X

i have to mixdown 2 cds the next year.. i need a "elektron analog heat" for this i need money.   ...as you see in the pictures: - it is 32bit driven, has lots of midi IO, and a expansion port on the front (AIN, DIN), push-pull-sd-slot, and a bootloader switch. - i removed the built in faders, since i used the blm live on gigs, and i had the fear, the would damage the pcb while transport... also not needet it - i used the place to Label the matrix with a sticker... - you can connect it to a seqv4->32bit version for it is aviable, or you program your own sequencer. (like i did > http://wiki.midibox.org/doku.php?id=triggermatrix&s[]=triggermatrix )   i have two of BLM16x16+X PCBs- already assembled> so i  deliever you a brandnew never used - device (new buttons - not used LEDs) - only core/midi-io and case is used - which itself is rock solid! leds are: blue-green-cyan   Price: 1150 here more detailed Calculation: (without the expansioport, additional midi IO) so you see where the cost is coming from... - i would sell it on sequencer.de - and i think i would find a buyer there - but i cant post there (not enough posts or +-points) -maybe someone can give them a wink...   
  17. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

10-pin resistor networks are oriented so that the dot marked on the part is on filled square on the PCB. This should be correct orientation. IC3 (74HC165) input pins are +4.75v. I retested Matias switch pads with metallic tweezers (I was using previously short wire). This time also there was no events on terminal for LEMEC_LH, however, for LEMEC_RH I got a few random burst of button events which I could not reproduce from the same switch (eg. one burst of hw_ids 81,91,92,105,109,120). IC2 (74HC595) outputs on LEMEC_LH and LEMEC_RH are 0v even after trying to set the high with set dout command (command ran after seq_l has been loaded). VCC of IC2 pin is getting +4.75v.
  18. Sure you can buy protoboard without copper or just drop a normal piece in the etching solution or even file off the metal. It's also no issue to widen some of the holes.
  19. MDF board to mount control suface compontents... bad idea?

I thought about it, but I do think the spacing and size requirements might make that hard. Is there a such thing as a perfboard without the metal bits?
  20. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

How are your 10-pin resistor networks oriented? The 74HC165 inputs of IC3 should be at about +5V You haven't soldered the switches in, so are you confident that you are properly closing the switch pads? Maybe try to bridge them with metal tweezers or similar. Make sure set debug on is active. You should be able to control the 74HC595 pins (or resistors R1-8 from the MIOS terminal with set dout x 0|1. Each 595 has 8 outputs so IC2 is 24-31 for _R and 0-7 for _L. During normal running of the (correct) .NGC you should measure some voltage on the pins of IC2, which controls the sink driver transistors.  
  21. How about veroboard/perfboard? Needs fairly standard spacing to work though.
  22. As mentioned by Christian, there was no special reason why assigned DIN and DOUT SR #9 to the DIO function. I thought this might be better in case you would like to add more physical SRs in future, no need to change the IDs again until you reach #9. If you don't like this, you could also use SR #3, but not SR #1 or SR #2, because these positions are already allocated by the scan matrix. Btw.: the most simple way to find out the hw_ids is to enter "set debug on" in the MIOS terminal, then trigger the buttons and observe the debug messages in the terminal (doesn't work with LEDs of course, but if you know the button position, you can easily conclude on the LED position) Best Regards, Thorsten. 
  23. MDF board to mount control suface compontents... bad idea?

I'm actually building this inside of a VIC-20 case. I didn't always plan to be anachronistic, and was going to put this inside a C64C case, but there wasn't enough room for the keyboard and the mb-6582. If money wasn't a problem, I'd create a custom PCB, but alas.
  24. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

When debug is set on, I do not get anything on MIOS terminal from LEMECs other than encoder rotation events. When connecting only JA: all buttons work, encoder gives events from rotation and clicking. When connecting LEMEC_LH and loading seq_r, no other events than encoder rotation are shown in the MIOS terminal. Here are photos of LEMEC PCBs, hopefully they are clear enough.
  25. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Photos of the rear of the PCBs would be good. Did you measure any input with set debug on?  Try connecting only JA and test with seq_l. Try connecting only lemec_l and test with seq_r. 
  26. I don't see the reason why TK choosed sr=9 as emulated shiftregister. But anyway: When working with emulated elements (same is valid for button- & LED-matrices f.e.) it's always good to use a value that is definitely not blocked by real hardware. The keyboard blocks the first two digital input-SRs (usually HC165) and the first two digital output-SRs (usually HC595).  dout_sr1=1 means the first HC595 in the digital chain. din_sr1=1 means the first HC165 in the chain. For a beginner this might be confusing.  In NG you can set the total number of scanned shiftregisters with this command: SRIO num_sr=2 Even though in this example I set num_sr=2 I can connect in total 4 shift registers. 2x HC165 and 2x HC595.
  27. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Hi all, I have been troubleshooting my build now for a while without any result, so it is time to ask some help. I have verified that the Core is working. I believe that my JA board is also working; all buttons give an event, all leds are working and encoder gives MBNG_DIN_NotifyToggle events (rotation and push). When connecting Core -> JA -> LEMEC-LH -> LEMEC-RH, and testing LEMEC boards with seq_l script, I only get ENC events from encoders. None of the push buttons (encoder push function, Matias, or MECs) work on the LEMEC boards (LH or RH). So far I have verified that ICs and transistors are correct type, checked orientation of all diodes and ICs, reflowed all IC legs, and inspected visually possible shorts between IC legs, and made sure PLATE board is not touching LE-MEC board. I have also tested my cables. All of this without any luck. Any ideas, where to look next?
  28. Thank you very much @FantomXR Are 8 SRs in use because the DIO module is configured as a matrix for keyboard scanning? I don't properly understand what these parameters mean: KEYBOARD n=1 rows=8 dout_sr1=1 dout_sr2=2 din_sr1=1 din_sr2=2 Looks like there are 4 SRs (2 in / 2 out) in use or is it only two? What does dout_sr1=1 mean? Is 1 an unique identifier?
  29. Load more activity