All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Yesterday
  2. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

done :)    
  3. hi all, after testing i found an minor issue with my breakout-box. everything is working as intended but i get annoying double triggers on some modules. when i connect the same modules to my robokop sequencer or other trigger source everything is fine. could it be a grounding issue? the +/-12V for the AOUT NG is coming from my eurorack and the +5V for AOUT NG and the LineDriver Receiver from an additional psu. the external psu (5v) is in the middle of the ribbon cable between AOUT NG and the receiver as suggested by latigid on. i also enabled the 1ms trigger but it makes no difference. when using the same trigger on another module it works so i guess i can rule out the double trigger is coming from the sequencer itself. please help rbv2
  4. Custom Keycap for the SeqV4+

I added a beat led window with each set. I made some more if people are interested in it.   And it remains 2 set finally!  Ready ? 3...2...1...Fight!    
  5. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Do the DIN tests work? I.e. do you see button events in MIOS Studio?  The problem is isolated to one LED, not a whole row-of-four or column? Then the issue is soldering to that particular part All LED anodes/SJ of a column will be common, test continuity  You have multiple colours configured? Check the RJs. Provide a few good-quality photos to make troubleshooting easier.
  6. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Ugh, I seem to have problems at every stage :( So I have gotten to the Fluxtest and have issues on both boards. On the LH board, no red led on SW14. Have tested the LED with multimeter and it's fine. On the RH board, no green or blue on SW7 and SW15, same as above, LEDs are OK. I've tried the usual, looking for obvious faults, diodes are all correct., soldering all looks OK. Any hints on where to look?    
  7. Last week
  8. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Maybe create another post as it's not really a v4+ problem?  Could it be the HW config settings or an issue with midi loops feeding back in? More than one track assigned to AOUT?  The perennial IDC cabling issue would also be worth checking. 
  9. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

hi all, after testing i found an minor issue with my breakout-box. everything is working as intended but i get annoying double triggers on some modules. when i connect the same modules to my robokop sequencer or other trigger source everything is fine. could it be a grounding issue? the +/-12V for the AOUT NG is coming from my eurorack and the +5V for AOUT NG and the LineDriver Receiver from an additional psu. the external psu (5v) is in the middle of the ribbon cable between AOUT NG and the receiver as suggested by latigid on. i also enabled the 1ms trigger but it makes no difference. please help rbv2
  10. midiphy SEQ v4+

Great. Thanks otropom!    
  11. midiphy SEQ v4+

I'm using these mec Switches/caps also, you dont need to modify anything . Simply use standard leds (3.3v) and you're good.
  12. midiphy SEQ v4+

Sorry, yes, I understand that. I ordered the same VCC LEDs you had specified in that earlier post. But the original pushbuttons selected by Midiphy - the 3FTH9 - use a different LED than the ones you selected to fit the 5GTH920, right? And since they do use a different LED than the VCC VAOL-3MWY4 you selected, I'm assuming the current draw or voltage requirements may be different. So my my question was meant to be if you replaced the series resistor to that LED from the originally specified one. Sorry I clearly need to go through the BOM and build documentation to check to see which LEDs are supposed to be there on the stock build, and I can check the datasheet and compare the voltage and current requirements for the originals and the ones you selected, but I just figured since you had documented everything else if there was indeed a resistor swap that needed to happen, I'd have rather anticipated it than need to make a note to test or check.  
  13. midiphy SEQ v4+

With some screw.
  14. midiphy SEQ v4+

Yep, I saw those posts. I went ahead and ordered the same switches, switch caps, and VCC LEDs you linked to, but for the white TH LEDs - since they're different than the SMD one originally specified - did you need to change the series resistor? Thanks for making all that info so readily available, too. It's been great for me to dig through and order the same parts.  The diffusers you made for the beat clock LED are awesome too. I may try to rig up something like that. How did you fixture the acrylic when machining it? I also have a bunch of LED lenses laying around, may try to see if one of those will fit the hole.. or maybe I'll enlarge the hole to allow them to fit.  
  15. midiphy SEQ v4+

Not well ;) For the leMec, colors are blue and red with suggested 47 Ohms Have a good build!  
  16. midiphy SEQ v4+

17. midiphy SEQ v4+

I've been scanning through this thread now that I'm getting ready to build mine.. Wish I'd done so before I ordered the bulk of the parts!!   Antichambre - your custom mods look fantastic. I'd like to use the same pushbuttons and caps as you. They look really great. Did you have to use a different value resistor to accommodate the different LED?
  18. Custom Keycap for the SeqV4+

So these are all claimed... I'd be interested in a set if anyone changes their minds on theirs.     
  19. IMG_0014.jpg

Thank you Peter :)
  20. IMG_0014.jpg

Nice job! That is a heck of a modiphyed v4+! :)
  21. @TK. thanks for the coding efforts! This will be very helpful in other projects too. The rainbow rings look very pretty :)
  22. midiphy SEQ v4+

We should get panel samples in a week or two, then do a PCB run. Still a wee way off.
  23. midiphy SEQ v4+

Any updates on the AOUT/DOUT eurorack modules? Just curious :)
  24. midiphy SEQ v4+

wowie I like it more than expected, looking good!
  25. Great work @FantomXR that picture looks absolutely terrific. we will evaluate the design for a couple more days and run some more tests and then finalize the bulk order with updated prices, anybody interested can PM me now.     edit: fwiw, alternative method of driving ws2812 on the F7DISCO: https://stm32f4-discovery.net/2018/06/tutorial-control-ws2812b-leds-stm32/
  26. midiphy SEQ v4+

It just misses a huge and ostensible "MIDIbox SEQ v4 +" at the back on the white part to assert the whole ;) Actually i work at a french adhésive Brandt (GT-Stickers) that make premium adhésives, keep me on Touch if you want, we Can Do that on measure :)
  27. Hey people, thanks to @TK.! It's working great. Anyway I had still some flickering on the LEDs. As I stated above I left away the caps ... and this was the reason. I know have added a 10uF on the input and on the output-connector of the LED-rings and the flickering is completely eliminated! Great!! So, one core can handle a total of 10 LED (10*36=360) rings....   
  28. Load more activity