All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. MB6582 PIC troubleshooting

Thank you, jumper 11 was the issue! Software all sorted now, at least on the first PIC. Now just trying to get the control surface working... 
  3. Today
  4. MB6582 PIC troubleshooting

RME Fireface should work. You can also change IDs through MIDI:   Select the ID in MIOS Studio as follows:    
  5. Yesterday
  6. MB6582 PIC troubleshooting

Thanks for the ideas! I did forget to put the opto couplers in to start with but in now. I guess they could be bad but not sure how to know for sure. I do need to order a few more parts for the feedback knobs so could add a replacement to the order to be sure.  I've tried two midi interfaces. And RME fireface 400 and a native instruments machine. Both worked fine with loopback. I could try another computer I guess.  I thought the IDs for the PICs were set later, but have to admit to finding that confusing. Do you have to set the IDs when flashing the bootloader? I thought it was when installing the software to subsequent PICs to the master one with MIOS studio.  I looked at the resources for changing IDs but it didn't make much sense if I can't detect the PICs in MIOS studio in the first place. Have I misunderstood how this works?
  7. Adding Faders to MBSeqv4

I'm not sure if CC is implemented for note steps. The encoders are also responsible for the UI in general. It would also be a lot of data to poll/update.  But yes, _NG with AINSER would be the right direction. You can also get high-speed UART by removing the optocouplers. The connection is more fragile of course.
  8. MB6582 PIC troubleshooting

Sometimes you forget to socket the optocouplers, or they are faulty somehow.  Could be an incompatible MIDI interface (is it on the blacklist?). Are you aware of the different device IDs for the PICs? They need to be configured in MIOS Studio.
  9. I'm trying to get a newly built MB6582 up and running and having some problems with the PIC software, I wonder if anyone can help. I've flashed the bootloader onto the PICs as per the instructions, and they verify OK. I'm now trying to get the software installed over MIDI. In MIOS studio I don't get any input when turning the MB6582 on. I've been through the MIDI troubleshooting, and everything seems fine apart from looping back the tx and rx pins on the PIC, where I don't see any loopback. I've checked all the joints and reflowed any that looked in any way suspect. Any ideas?
  10. Assign J5a/b core ports in .NGC

Hi, i'd like to continue working on my keyboard controller project. Is there absolutely no way to set up the J5 ports as individual digital IO's in ngc? I'd like to avoid a cumbersome solution modifing the source code. If there is no easy way, then so be it.   May i ask if it's possible to simply do the following? I want to setup J5a to have 2 digital ins and two digital outs. // init pin 0 and 1 as digital ins (for tact switches) MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(0, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_INPUT_PU); MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(1, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_INPUT_PU); // init pin 2 and 3 as digital outs (for LEDs) MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(2, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_OUTPUT_PP); MIOS32_BOARD_J5_PinInit(3, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_OUTPUT_PP); I assume i'd then have J5a:A0..A1 configured as INs and J5a:A2..A3 as OUTs, right?   Thank you very much!  
  11. Last week
  12. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

hi Everybody during some time now spend with my seq4 ,few times i got in situation when for example track 1 LFO was controlling cc21(filter cut off), and time it took to me to figure out "why is my damn filter cut off on track 1 is moving!?" and it made me think that it could be great to have some indication of it ,preferably in EDIT page   now looking on the lcd screens they already pretty packed with vital informations so my proposal is in EDIT page, instead of CATEGORY ,to use 8 lcd characters (counting from top most rightside of right screen) this way there is still one space from NOTE LENGTH   to indicate for example,ECHO(ON/OFF),HUMANIZER(ON if one of parameter is different then 0(note,vel/cc,length)),ROBO(ON/OFF), LIMITER(if Lower/Upper is different than 0),LFO(ON if wave type is different then 0),DUPLICATE(ON/OFF),MORPH(ON/OFF),SHUFFLE STYLE(ON if style different then 0)   my idea was to indicate with lower (if OFF),and upper(if ON) cases of first letters of each effect ,ECHO=E,e ,Humanizer=H,h and so on i feel this can save a lot of time running around here little example letters are not exactly in place,but just to visualise   thanks for your time bests.k    
  13. Adding Faders to MBSeqv4

Ok, as usual, I was able to answer some of my questions. I see that there is a 3rd MIDI In/Out option for the Seq. And I assume I would use MidiBox NG. How do I make them talk together?
  14. Adding Faders to MBSeqv4

Hey guys,  I have a spare core board, and I would like to add 16 10k faders to my MBSeq Ver 4+ to control the note steps using an AIN board. What software would I load on the core, and what are my options for connecting it to my MBSeq core? Is there a way to do it through ethernet, so I don't lose a midi in on the Seq?  Thanks, Justin
  15. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

good place to start thinking anyway. I think I need a good look at the schematic to understand why that would help.....
  16. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

Seems to me the bridge rectifier could be added back in without any issue, if that’s what causes the problem?
  17. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

ah, thanks -  well that's useful to know that it is possibly just a consequence of this set up rather than something I connected I shouldn't have. When I get the chance will try and trace why it happens, but it at least seems to be a reasonably trivial issue so far.
  18. Adding CS-line to AINSER8

Hey @TK., I tried it without success. I copied the code from you into my firmware.  My NGC file looks like this: RESET_HW AINSER n=1 enabled=1 num_pins=1 cs=1 resolution=7bit AINSER n=2 enabled=1 num_pins=1 cs=2 resolution=7bit I have a potentiometer connected to the first analog input of the second and another one to the first input of the third module. The first module is not used at the moment.  If I "set debug on" in the terminal, I see movements if I turn the potentiometer which is connected to the second module. Anyway I can not see anything when I turn the pot which is connected to the third module. I've tried both PP and OD mode (with 1k pullup to 5V). I use PE6, which should lead to MIOS32_BOARD_J10_PinInit(14, MIOS32_BOARD_PIN_MODE_OUTPUT_OD) and case 2: return MIOS32_BOARD_J10_PinSet(14, value); Any ideas what I do wrong?
  19. MIOS32 File Browser

Congrats!
  20. MIOS32 File Browser

Thanks Peter, I got is working :)
  21. Earlier
  22. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

Hello, I was wondering if there were a way to reorganize track locations, for example moving track G3T1 to G3T2 or to another group, using the MOVE button? This would be useful to prepare live setups :) Thanks! 
  23. midiphy SEQ v4+

Maybe we should have a new thread for module things? Regarding depth, note that it would be doable to squeeze things tighter with shorter headers or even direct soldering. Right-angled IDC headers would also help. For panel files, at least at the beginning I prefer to keep them closed. We might offer different colours in the future (e.g. black panels). But if you really would like to do your own, just put a note in when you order and I can give you the dimensions. It wouldn't be difficult to measure either :).  
  24. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

I noticed the same thing: the switch action removed the 0V rather than +V. It can be confusing when the MB-6582 "receives" 0V from somewhere else. From memory, it would not be so significant if the bridge rectifier was still there.   
  25. One MB-6582, One Power Supply: a Tutorial

That’s...weird. I’ll have to check my own MB-6582 to see if I get the same behavior. I only ever use the mix out jack so I’m not sure I would have ever run into this.
  26. midiphy SEQ v4+

Amaaaaazing! I’m on vacation atm but I will probably order these boards as soon as I get back. Is there any chance I could convince y’all to release the design files—or even just a super basic drilling guide—for the panels? I have the means to DIY my own panels and some kind of official measurements would make the job quite a bit easier.
  27. midiphy SEQ v4+

Thanks, @lukas412! :) Just measured this quickly and took a photo, as i am sure others will have the same question: The photo is of the new triple-PCB sandwich "A1 Expander" (8x CV out), which has the highest depth of these modules. You should be good with a 50mm deep case, the module just fits nicely in my Moog 104HP skiff despite its "max depth: 48mm" specs :). Of course all kudos for these modules fly out to Andy! Have a great weekend and many greets! Peter
  28. midiphy SEQ v4+

This looks sooo cool! Thank you! Any idea on depth of the modules?
  29. New eurorack modules in the house! :)

From the album Hawkeyes MB stuff

Finally...! :) https://www.midiphy.com/en/shop-details/137/50  
  30. midiphy SEQ v4+

Yay! It really took a while, but just now the new midiphy eurorack essential modules were made available in the shop! :) The kit consists of five eurorack modules and extends your SEQ with a total of 8 analog (CV) and 24 digital eurorack (gates, clocks, triggers) outputs. SEQ v4+ Eurorack Modules Essential Kit Adrian again did a magnificent job with the frontpanels! Thanks a lot!!! Will create a video documentation for the build procedure, but will need a bit of time, it is holiday season and the LoopA still needs finishing :) But, these modules should not be too terribly difficult to complete, if you managed to build a v4+, you will be easily able to build those! :) Of course, these modules should also nicely work with a MBSEQ v4 (instead of a v4+), if you have a standard line transmitter board (with a DB-25 output port) installed. Have a nice weekend and enjoy! Many greets, Peter
  31. Load more activity