All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Yesterday
  2. New eurorack modules from midiphy - preview

i love the paper panels haha! no lasercutter fablab near to where you live i guess? are these MAX11300 powered by any chance?
  3. Everything sounds correct.   Yes and no? Try to have the 0V common to both PSUs, i.e. at the source of the power.
  4. New eurorack modules from midiphy - preview

Yes, yes, yes!
  5. New eurorack modules from midiphy - preview

looks cool guys !
  6. SeqV4+ custom keycaps

Fancy !
  7. MBSEQv4 Beginner's Guide now in the wiki

Thanks for great work  
  8. hi latigid on, thanks a lot for your answer.   - since i have made no changes in the HW Config beside setting the 1ms-option and SRs for clocks, gates & Trigger i would assume no - all tracks muted except for the one sending triggers to CH16 - checked all cables visually again - the resistance between 0V Eurorack and pin 2 of a Midi Socket oscillates between 1,8-2,5 Ohm - no jumper in J3 - the double trigger only occours on some modules and depends on the setting of the length in the parameter layer, when length is 4% it's almost gone, it's acting like a gate.. - I'll try to do the tests in mios when I understand how it works  yes, i am using an external power plug. i get 4,96V on J2 of AOUT NG and 4,96V on J19 of the Receiver unfortunately I still have to wait for the scope..   thanks rbv2  
  9. A scope might be useful to see what's going on.
  10. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

The JA matrix is driven by the extra ICs on lemec_R. The fact a whole row is missing points to an issue on the sink side.  Check continuity (also for cold solder joints and faulty cables) from the following pins lemec_R: IC17 pin 1 :: IC18 pin 7 IC 18 pin 12 :: J5 pin 8 J5 pin 8 ::IDC cable to JA:: J2 pin 8 JA: J2 pin 8:: MATRIX pin 14. The matrix pins are labelled like an IC, so anticlockwise from the bottom-left dot.    
  11. New eurorack modules from midiphy - preview

Can’t get here soon enough! ;)
  12. Last week
  13. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Hi - I had some more time today to make some really good progress. So far everything is going smooth except for the JA board. I have the case almost all the way together. for the JA, I'm going to debug the weird button behavior I had way back, now that I know how the ICs work a little more. Anyway do you know what would cause this row not to light in the matrix (please see photo below)? The 2nd row of 16 leds aren't lighting on the JA matrix. I've reflowed the matrix pins and the large 24pin connector, as well as the respective connectors on lemec_r.  I am guessing this matrix doesn't connect to anything else on the JA board that would cause just this row to not light?   Thanks
  14. hi peter, at the shematic i can see the point you refering to but there is no jumper or place for a pinheader. yes i use the DOUT module for 8x Gate, 16x Trigger an 8x Clock the AOUT NG is for CV only. a friend of mine will lend me his scope. but i don't have one right now.   thank you!
  15. Probably @latigid on can help you out way more than i can... but i just looked up the AOUT_NG schem and it seems analog ground can be tied to digital ground (see middle of the schem), maybe by a jumper? If that is the case, i think the grounds should be all tied down together and nothing is floating, which might cause problems. We are using the AOUT (not NG) module, so i don't really know much about the NG. Two more questions: do you use a DOUT module for the triggers? I think, if an analog out would be used for that digital purpose, the DAC might "overshoot" or ring or might not be quick enough, but that is wild speculation. Do you have access to a scope, so you can see the trigger output waveform? Many greets and have a nice weekend! Peter
  16. hi peter, thanks a lot for you answer. unfortunately i saw the information about the new modules too late. i would rather use them but i had already bought all the parts and ordered a panel at schaeffer.. i have also learned that the 5v on the doepfer boards are not there at all although it is written on it   thanks!
  17. New eurorack modules from midiphy - preview

ps: the panel graphics will still be updated slightly for the final version - like the v4+ case, Hallik Engineering will provide them and we can't wait to have them in hands :).
  18. Hola, just tested the new dedicated midiphy eurorack modules, that are in the works - while i don't have a big modular setup, i measured and tested gate and trigger outs and had no issues (tested triggering the "Freeze" and the "Trig" functions on a MI Clouds and also measured signal outputs with a scope). Therefore, I would also expect maybe a common ground problem on your side? Have you grounded the external PSU and the LineDriver Receiver to the modular/rack common ground? The new euroceiver module (left in the pic below, which still uses handmade paper/epoxy panels for fit-testing) has a built-in voltage regulator, that allows generating the required 5v from the +12V modular rail, which will spare you the external psu and would not require you to send the +5v down the DB25 cable from the SEQ, which might be problematic. Many greets and have a nice weekend! Peter  
  19. From the album Hawkeyes MB stuff

...still with handmade paper/epoxy frontpanels for fit-testing :)
  20. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

done :)    
  21. hi all, after testing i found an minor issue with my breakout-box. everything is working as intended but i get annoying double triggers on some modules. when i connect the same modules to my robokop sequencer or other trigger source everything is fine. could it be a grounding issue? the +/-12V for the AOUT NG is coming from my eurorack and the +5V for AOUT NG and the LineDriver Receiver from an additional psu. the external psu (5v) is in the middle of the ribbon cable between AOUT NG and the receiver as suggested by latigid on. i also enabled the 1ms trigger but it makes no difference. when using the same trigger on another module it works so i guess i can rule out the double trigger is coming from the sequencer itself. please help rbv2
  22. Custom Keycap for the SeqV4+

I added a beat led window with each set. I made some more if people are interested in it.   And it remains 2 set finally!  Ready ? 3...2...1...Fight!    
  23. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Do the DIN tests work? I.e. do you see button events in MIOS Studio?  The problem is isolated to one LED, not a whole row-of-four or column? Then the issue is soldering to that particular part All LED anodes/SJ of a column will be common, test continuity  You have multiple colours configured? Check the RJs. Provide a few good-quality photos to make troubleshooting easier.
  24. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Ugh, I seem to have problems at every stage :( So I have gotten to the Fluxtest and have issues on both boards. On the LH board, no red led on SW14. Have tested the LED with multimeter and it's fine. On the RH board, no green or blue on SW7 and SW15, same as above, LEDs are OK. I've tried the usual, looking for obvious faults, diodes are all correct., soldering all looks OK. Any hints on where to look?    
  25. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Maybe create another post as it's not really a v4+ problem?  Could it be the HW config settings or an issue with midi loops feeding back in? More than one track assigned to AOUT?  The perennial IDC cabling issue would also be worth checking. 
  26. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

hi all, after testing i found an minor issue with my breakout-box. everything is working as intended but i get annoying double triggers on some modules. when i connect the same modules to my robokop sequencer or other trigger source everything is fine. could it be a grounding issue? the +/-12V for the AOUT NG is coming from my eurorack and the +5V for AOUT NG and the LineDriver Receiver from an additional psu. the external psu (5v) is in the middle of the ribbon cable between AOUT NG and the receiver as suggested by latigid on. i also enabled the 1ms trigger but it makes no difference. please help rbv2
  27. midiphy SEQ v4+

Great. Thanks otropom!    
  28. Load more activity