All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. Back from the dead!

The one warning I have with the MB6582 is to get the proper ribbon cables between the control surface and the mainboard. I believe some folks may have used right angled headers for one of the boards but there isn't really enough room to use headers for both since the boards connect at the front of the enclosure (where there is the last amount of space). This ended up being my downfall. I got everything else put together wonderfully, except those darn headers. Hence why I want to make a rackmount version...one day.
  3. Back from the dead!

Yup, definitely still a viable project. Quite a few people have built one in the last year or so. As mentioned, Modular Addict now sells the PCBs, and the forums are still relatively active with helpful people. I definitely suggest going for the Mb-6582 for the control surface and established construction techniques, but the original modular approach is still possible as well. Regarding the reuse of components from your original project... The SID is probably still good. You should check what kind of PIC chip you have if your build got to that point—it’s possible you were building a v1, which doesn’t use the same chip as the v2, but if you already have the v2 chip, you can probably still use it.
  4. Yesterday
  5. digital release distributor?

after founding our label in order to make our own isrc codes, and programming  our bandsite www.crimic.at, and after endless jamsessions,after adding a songmode to my triggermatrix, after months of video editing having a music video... we want release our songs... but which distributor (that can do beatport too... and the ni stems format)?youtube is full with us gb or nl distributors but i want a distributor on the european mainland... i found dig.dis they ca do stems.mp4 any expierence with them or others? thx for any info - mike  
  6. 8x24 LED matrix

Maybe I'm overthinking it. I think it would be easiest to specify two separate matrices (16x8, 8x8). If the matrix is 8 rows tall, then I think it should still work to specify the same shift register for the selection pulses.   ?? DOUT_MATRIX n=1 rows=8 inverted=0 sr_dout_sel1=1 sr_dout_r1=2 sr_dout_r2=3 led_emu_id_offset=1001 DOUT_MATRIX n=2 rows=8 inverted=0 sr_dout_sel1=1 sr_dout_r1=4 sr_dout_r2=5 led_emu_id_offset=1065  
  7. 8x24 LED matrix

Just single color. 
  8. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Thanks for the feedback Simon. Annoying as it is, I always restart MIOS Studio after flashing or resetting.
  9. 8x24 LED matrix

Single- or multicolour? You could try with an RGB matrix if it's single (using the other "colours" for extra columns).
  10. 8x24 LED matrix

Is it possible to make a 8x 24 led matrix from 4xDO board? There is an example for 8x16 but the 4th shift register is not used, but I will need it to extend the matrix. 
  11. Back from the dead!

I use my sammichSID regularly albeit alongside a number of other synths (modern and vintage). I still have some of my board layouts for a rackmount 3U MB6582 based synth as well but it's been a bit cost prohibitive to go that route. So yes it's still viable and useful! The main issue is finding a working SID (or two for stereo) or the various SID-like options (e.g. SwinSID). If you have that sorted the MidiBox SID platform is quite good as a modern and fairly unique synthesizer - explains why I use it in nearly every song I write.  
  12. Back from the dead!

absolutely still viable - I started (and finished) building an MB6582 in the last few months..... Modular Addict are selling PCBs  https://modularaddict.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=midibox+core although it's not mad busy on here, I still got loads of really useful help and advice on my build.
  13. Recording / tracking MB SEQ Ableton

Hi Hal! Did you try the same thing with another software? Best Bruno
  14. Back from the dead!

Hi all :) So....over 10 years ago when I was at uni studying music, I discovered the SID Synth DIY projects and started one....unfortunately I ran out of time and ended up in a job that was too full on, and the whole thing got boxed up and stuffed into storage at my parent's place. A lifetime has gone by since then...but a few days ago I found my old project (was turning a cigar box into a mini MIDIBox SID) in its original state. I had forgotten this stuff exists....I was sad to see a lot of MIDIBox.org is 404 these days, but stoked to see these forums are still kicking along. My question is....are these still a viable project? I haven't done music in years, but would be really keen to build this thing again. I don't trust my soldering skills from 10 years ago, and remember NOTHING of what I've set up, but I can see I still have the 6581 chip sitting in the main board. I'd probably want to start everything again, but who makes the PCBs these days? Sorry if these are obvious questions...I'm just stoked to find the thing and finally have a chance to finish it and make some new tunes! :D
  15. pre-programmed PIC 18F4685 for sale

Looks like shipping from here to the states with a tracking number might be about $14CDN - without a tracking # would be about $7.  (seems expensive for such a tiny parcel - not sure if I could squeeze PICs into lettermail though...)Jaytee, buying from Ilmenator seems like the right move...     Within Canada would be a lot cheaper, if any Canadians need PICs. 
  16. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

More a solved issue for the record than a request - hope this is in the right place? Day #1 of build and I got through to finishing the SD card board build. Thanks to Peter’s video! It’s a great help. When I got to attaching the core + USB + Wavemaker elements to MIOS Studio, I couldn’t get MIOS to recognise the new MIDI devices. I’m on a Mac (10.12) Having used the rescan MIDI ports command a few times having checked connections, I went to the Mac MIDI Studio and there it was... nicely recognised. When I restarted MIOS Studio it found the setup and I moved on... So, I guess the lesson (for Mac users, at least) is that the MIOS Studio warning and the Rescan functionality not working very well actually *IS* true!  
  17. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Okay, so just SW17-20 on lemec_L? Let's trace the cathode signal back to IC2. We're looking at the rear of the board. The cathode signal is as shown. It should be common to the same positions on all switches 17-20.   After jumping over the bridge (curved silkscreen line) it connects to T4/D13. The issue is likely around this area. The signal continues to R21. Check for continuity between the pads and 0V (ground). The left sides of T4/R21 are intentionally grounded.   The signal goes through R3 to pin 4 of IC2. You should be able to measure continuity between the pins of all points of this circuit, with no shorts to 0V unless stated.   Test the anode sides (non striped) of diodes situated next to the MEC switches. They should be common with the diode anodes of the same row column, especially seeing that the other switches work. If that helps, please post what the issue was so others can benefit in the future.      
  18. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Hi, I am loading seq_l and have both boards connected as in the video, setting debug to on. It is the left Lemec board that I am having trouble with. All other encoders/switches register except SW17-20.
  19. pre-programmed PIC 18F4685 for sale

Hope I'm not flooding the market here, but I also have four pre-programmed PIC 18F4685s for sale.  The price would be what I paid for them from mikes-elektronikseite + shipping. I'm in New Zealand, so it could be good for someone in this corner of the world.
  20. Last week
  21. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Hi Pat, When you say switches don't work, I assume that you have loaded the correct .NGC file (left or right) and used set debug on  to test if all switches are registering properly?  
  22. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

After a couple of weeks break from the build, I'm back. I tried soldering in the MEC switches that are where the bridge is on both boards. Still no response from SW17-20.....Any other hints where I should look?   I've also noticed some of the LEDs on the JA PCB light up now when running the seq_l code.(SW14-18 light up).
  23. I have programmed a bunch of patches, and i want to use vibrato with modwheel. I have now programmed it with the mod matrix where my source is MdW and target is LD1. then i have another mod matrix connection where LFO1 is targeting all osc pitches. In the LFO page i have set LFO1 depth to 0. This way modwheel controls the amount of LFO1 depth, and i have vibrato with modwheel.  My first world problem is when i am switching patches, the one with this style of programming are vibrating until i touch the modwheel (or go to the knobs page and change the parameter of K#1, that is zero but i have to move it to it actually being zero). This is a small but annoying thing. Am i doing things too complicated to get this basic LFO vibrato with ModWheel thing?
  24. Hi, Does anyone here do track recording in Ableton Live with MB SEQ? I have problems getting it right, and wondered if anybody had any tips. Setup: MB SEQ V4 (STM32F4) MIDI through USB Lenovo Intel Core i7 / Windows 10 RME Fireface UCX Ableton Live 9   I have tried running Ableton as Master and Slave I have tried with Monitor in Ableton off and on There is always a mismatch, just within a few bars some hits can be be about 6 milliseconds early and some about 6 milliseconds late. Cheers, Hal          
  25. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

There's an address for FOOTSWITCH in the hardware config file, but nothing for gate. Also, I'm pretty sure there is no routing for this in software, but it would be useful for a future update.
  26. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

hi guys   when i send a gate to the GATE input on my v4+..notthing happens Do i need to set anything in the menu ??
  27. DE-GENERATOR

DE-GENERATOR DIY Synthesizer / Sampler Project block in german:  https://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/threads/avr-synthesizer-wave-1-de-generator.87599/ Project block in english:  https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/shruthi-synthesizer-and-my-wave-1/2504/1153 Youtube:   
  28. AVR-Synthesizer "WAVE 1"

New Video from DE-GENERATOR  
  29. Load more activity