All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. midiphy SEQ v4+

After a couple of troubleshooting issues in the correspsonding threat, I am finally the proud owner of:  
  3. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Yes, it happens so quickly, and it is not that there aren't any warnings to pay particular attention to use the bussed network. :)
  4. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

Yeah, in case i would do that, i would only use SO-16 packages, the DIL-16 used on the DINX4/DOUTX4 are way to big. Using smd resistors would be mandatory too, to be able to fit that to the board. Do you think theres someone who want to build one of these boards too? If anybody want to join in, just write a message here. Unfortunately my programming skills are near zero,but in case someone could help out and adapt the code for more inputs, i could change the whole approach with spst switches instead of the dpdt ones and some additional changes to the button layout. I would just have to chain some more shift registers. Anyway, i still do not know if that is even possible, because from what i remember reading here, the actual code is using almost all memory with some lonely free bits left.
  5. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

Better too if you're happy with it and want to share a few. Cheaper for everybody, and just the price of some cheap components more for you. SO package on bottom side sounds good for your CS.
  6. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

Ups yes, that was a typo, i meant Vs, i will fix it in the original post. It's not a bad idea, to include the DIN/DOUT directly to the frontpanel pcb. But on the other hand, i have DINX4/DOUTX4 boards still in use with the actual setup of my MIDIbox FM, so no need to build it again.  
  7. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

@Thomasch it's clear now... Rows are matriced, Columns are not.   I suppose you talk about Vs instead of Vc, and yes it's a ground, you can connect Vs bus to ground or Swithes pin directly to ground, it doesn't matter. You can maybe put all the ICs(DIN/DOUT) on this PCB, and connect your CS directly to the Core. It will be cheaper, it will take less space and limit the number of interconnections.
  8. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

The Pin Headers will connect to a DINX4 and a DOUTX4. No need to add even more resistors. Its basicly the standard wiring for the extended Frontpanel. http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_fm/mbfm_din_default.pdf http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_fm/mbfm_din_default.pdf Only difference is that i used 24 dpdt switches for the 4x6 matrix. To be true, its not really a button matrix. In the original design every row has a switch and every column too. My dpdt switches will work as if you press 2 buttons, (a row and a cloumn button) on the original design. So if i press any of the button in the first column, one of the double poles on the switch will always connect the MCol1 labeled pin to Vs. (DINX4) The other pole of the switch will connect MRow (DINX4) and MRow1, MRow2, MRow3 or MRow4 (DOUTX4), depending on wich of the 4 buttons in the row you have clicked on. I use the dpdt switches to avoid coding for more shift register inputs, because i have no clue of coding. Otherwise i would have also changed the "Instr./OP Select" button and the 4 "Instr/OP1-4" buttons to 8 dedicated "Instr1-4" and "OP1-4" buttons.
  9. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Nice!
  10. Yesterday
  11. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

Seems to be matricing... Could you explain how you connected the leds and switches, which example did you take?(There is a lot here, try BLM as keyword search). I don't understand why some of the switches are connected to 3 busses and Vc which seems to be... a ground? it can't be with a matrix connection. :/ There's maybe a misunderstanding, you don't need to connect both 'normally open' terminals, check the datasheet cause they are often internally connected and used for PCB routing ease, anyway you need only one terminal. Seems to miss some diodes for the switches too, there's no pull-up resistors but they are maybe close to the ICs and on an other diagram.   @latigid on is better than me for BLM stuff it might be more clear for him ;)  but @Thomasch better if you explain a few first... Best
  12. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Ahhh! I should have read the thread I see Karg just had the same problem! Looks like I have the wrong part too. thanks all.   Update, and of course it all works perfectly!
  13. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

Hey guys having some issues with my jog wheel module. I think my core is ok, I can load programs and scripts and connect without issue. I'm trying to test the jog wheel module and getting crazy results. After loading the seq_l script no buttons work and all LED's light up. when i touch the back of the PCB everything goes crazy. tons of input to MIOS studio and random LED's lighting up. I check each led orientation as well as the diodes and other parts. I reflowed everything with the exact same behavior. All of my parts came from the Mouser list I imported on the Midiphy site. thanks, Luke
  14. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

I have a question regarding Eeschema (i use KiCad). I wired all Vc connections to the bus, is that ok or should i use ground symbols instead of connecting Vc to the bus? I ask, because i have no clue, if Kicad might build it's ratnest differently, when it has to wire a ground line, or maybe theres any other reason i didn't tink of, not to wire Vc to a bus. MBFM_Frontpanel_PCB_ v.03.pdf MBFM_Frontpanel_PCB v.03.sch
  15. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

But he didn't reply after I don't know if it was working for him. Best regards
  16. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

There's a ready-made driver for MIOS32.
  17. midiphy SEQ v4+

@Dimduj just a two quick answers, probably not everything covered: * SHIFT on the new v4+ frontpanel equals the SELECT button on the old one - in this context, if you have a look at the handbook: http://ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html and search for "SELECT" (with case sensitive search!) you will see all the context-specific features it enables, just as an example, in the track transpose screen, SHIFT switches between Octave and Semitone transposition selection * Follow Mode (also when not recording) can be enabled by pressing the MENU + EXIT buttons simultaneously, it should work all the time. When it is off and you are recording, the display should jump to the step range only when new notes are "entered" i think, so i'd recommend to use the standard "follow" feature by just pressing MENU + EXIT. Many greets and enjoy! Peter
  18. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

That's what I say, add 3/10 mm and you'll be fine for a soft mount, dust won't come in that much and aestheticly it's not noticeable Best Zam
  19. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

The DPDT momentary switches i will use, are much taller than most tactile switches and i realised, that there might be a problem with the height, because the rotary encoders are too short to have switches and encoders on one board. It seems i have to make 2 small extra pcbs for the encoders and put them on shorter spacers, to get them closer to the prontplate. This sucks a little bit, because it will need more space for additional screws and some additional pinheaders.
  20. 19" Rack MBFM with extended frontpanel

My english is not the best, , so what means 15/100 error at tangent? I understand it in a way, that there will be a tolerance of +- 15%? It would be cool to fit the LEDs without any gap into the frontplate, because gaps are always pulling dust like magnets (and they are hard to clean afterwards). Because of tolerances a little bit of gap between hole and LED might be necessary. Just enough, that it don't needs any force to slide the LEDs in. I might have to add a bevel to the cutouts from the backside, to give the LEDs a little lead sliding into the cutouts. I'm sure this will prevent a lot of frustration while installing the pcb to the frontplate eventually.
  21. Last week
  22. yep... almost two years back (thinking about one) but more precisely, this is not the app (.hex) but the change in code. You can copy/replace that at the correct place, IIRC the only change I made to "fake" raw dual CC as NRPN (note that standard NRPN won't work any more but HUI don't use it) I can also provide the compiled app which should be based on NG1.035 or 1.036 (don't remember what's up at that time), so not up to date regarding newer implementations. Best Zam ps: I sent you an email earlier today    
  23. Thanks very much for all the info, Zam! So that is the actual app that you posted 8/30/17?
  24. midiphy SEQ v4+

Hi ! i’ m exploring the features of the midi box seq v4+ and I got some questions. Sorry because it is probably noob’s questions but I didn’t find informations on the docs... hope it is the good thread ;) What is the purpose of the  MEC “Shift”  button of the seq v4+ ? Is their a way to just copy a specific trigger/param. What if I just copy/paste the accent trigger but not the gate trigger between tracks ? How can activate the step forwarding when I do not record ? When playing with live mode activate the seq do not jump to steps over 16. Is this the normal behaviour? when in recording with live mode activated, the seq will. It  jump to next steps ( 17-32) only once.is their a way to activate the forwarding not only the first time. Cheers  
  25. here is the HUI modification at MB_NG  
  26. MF_NG  only handle fader data and touch with various protocol, including HUI when used via DIN5 If you want extra button and led (DIN/DOUT) you need MB_NG and core32, as connect MF_NG to core where you lost the HUI option (MIOS32 don't handle as is the HUI raw midi "double CC" data) this is more or less what I design except the linear motor driver in place of the MF_NG PWM driver I have compiled a special MB_NG app which handle HUI data, as config files (.NGR .NGC) for it, but I don't look into this since a year I think... I have no issue to share this files, but there is no "official" support for it (nor extensive and long run test) Best Zam  
  27. I ultimately would like to integrate Penny and Giles 3200 faders into my system as the servo control and adapt them to run the wiper on the existing audio track on my API faders. Either that or add a motor to the API faders and attach a servo track. I might also order a TKD MF-9101 A to see how I like it. One thing that I don’t understand yet- will I have to write my own code for HUI handling of mutes and automation read-write and run that with MB_NG on a separate core? MF_NG and it’s application are strictly for motor control of faders, correct? Thanks!
  28. Hello Before going further you have to fit the fader in the console and test audio with it... You'll see if FM_NG work for you regarding noise, both EMI and sliding (from my experience the cheap ALPS  with carbon track have lot of wiper sliding noise) As already say I was able to use HUI protocol (special MB_NG compilation to handle HUI dual CC which is not NRPN ), but not tested with PT. I also test long time ago (don't remember details...) to run the system in MCU and use miditranslator to convert the data to raw midi HUI (wile the DAW set to HUI) which worked. Anyway, my system is way more expensive than a MF_NG + alps fader, so if what you achieve with this setup fit your need you better stick with it. Best Zam  
  29. Load more activity