40x2 + 25x2 for midibox lc?

matrigs

as i have counted on several piutures in the midibox lc galery, on channel strip of logic control needs 8 signs on the screen (6 sings plus 2 spacers on the left and on the right). i see that the most popular solution is to use up 2x40 lcd sceens. but i totally dislike the fact that there is that blank space on the left and on the right. so my question is - could i instead use a 2x40 and a 2x25 screen? that gives me 65 signs in a row and as far as my math goes i need only 64. 5 channels would be shown on the big 2x40 screen an the rest three on the smaller 2x25.

possible ?

i totally dislike the fact that there is that blank space on the left and on the right

5 channels would be shown on the big 2x40 screen an the rest three on the smaller 2x25.

... and then you have the gap between Ch 5&6. - You seem to like asymmetry ;D

The Gap you get between the two displays mainly is due to physical measurements of them.

Greets, Roger

oh geez you probably think that i'm a total idiot :> but you misunderstood me.

of course i know that the gap i because the lcd's are on pcb-boards and those board are a bit wider that the lcd's themselves. but the gap isn't a problem - and yeah asymmetry looks quite cool sometimes.

i just don't want to have unused space on the lcd. asymmetry is cool :>

so will this work ? are my calculations right that the system uses only 8 signs ber channel ?

oh geez you probably think that i'm a total idiot :> but you misunderstood me.

... I quit judging people without really knowing them a long time ago (was looking too many times like an idiot and was afraid what people would think about be). Now, if I want to be an idiot I just behave like an idiot  ;D

are my calculations right that the system uses only 8 signs ber channel ?

Correct. - That's what the Mackie protocol can transfer

so will this work ?

Can't tell you for sure, since I don't know if multible displays are working with multible types of displays.

The way the charactres are addressed, I would say yes.... but... ???

Greets, Roger