[solved] midibox lc lcd feedback problem with live 6.0

matrigs

so - i have put together a really stripped down version of the midibox lc and i have changed the assignments of a the buttons so i can live with only one ain.

i launched everything and now have the "mackie controle emulation" in the first row and the number of the selected mi track in the secod. kewl. when i change the channels in ableton with my mouse it changes the number on the lc screen - very kewl.

but - that's it. when i press select plugin and tweak controls or tweak send parameters nothing happens on the screen - it show me the channel number and that's it. weird.

it's even weirder that i have put huskervu between ableton and the midibox lc and huskervu shows everything just fine.

what might that be ?

so - i have put together a really stripped down version of the midibox lc and i have changed the assignments of a the buttons so i can live with only one ain.

you mean din right? can you be more specific about your setup?

have you changed accordingly to your setup the io_table file?

simone

sorry din of course - yes i have changed the io tables like this:

LC_IO_TABLE_LAYER0

;; 1st shift register

;; button         LED

db ID_SELECT_CHN1,   ID_SELECT_CHN1

db ID_ASSIGN_PLUG_IN, ID_ASSIGN_PLUG_IN

db ID_VPOT_SELECT_CHN1,  ID_IGNORE

now i open up a channel with some synth in it and then, pressing three buttons in a row should switch the lcd to show me the parameters in the synth. at least huskervu does. the lc screen shows me still only that the first channel is selected.

okay i tried the few initial screens and still no luck - on the only change is that i had meter bars of the output which was quite fun but nothing else.

when i switch the "global view" switch the bars dissapear and there's nothing on the screen then...

i'm starting to think - may it be a problem related to latency maybe? i've gotten curious after i've seen those ouptu bars - they work with a horrible latency which makes the actually useless - it takes even half a second before the bar dissapears when i turn the volume down...

i'm starting to think - may it be a problem related to latency maybe? i've gotten curious after i've seen those ouptu bars - they work with a horrible latency which makes the actually useless - it takes even half a second before the bar dissapears when i turn the volume down...

no, this is another issue, you won t be able to use the meters as a real time control over volume,

i see you are using just one lcd atm 2x40 right?

;;  Some words to the x/y positions:

;;    - x goes from 0 thru 39 (1st column to 40th column)

;;    - y: when 0: first LCD, upper line

;;    - y: when 1: first LCD, lower line

;;    - y: when 2: second LCD, upper line

;;    - y: when 3: second LCD, lower line

select a page for startup (default 0) and tweak around and you ll prolly get everything in place

• 3 weeks later...

of course it was something much easier - i was sure that thorsten made the code the way that this will work right out of the box without some weird rearanging of the signs at the lcd.

in the main.asm there is this function where you choose your protocol - it's default set to logic control but with ableton live i was using the mackie control protocol - changing this single line solved the thing.