The Nice Knobs Thread!

Smithy

First of all *This thread has nothing to do with male genitalia* :P

Ive created this thread for:

1. People to share some nice Knobs they have found, and where to buy them.

2. to see some alternatives to the Albs (Waldorf) knobs.

(which are the  most distinct and nicest i have seen so far):

drehknopfmix.jpg

It would be great to see manufactures that do a variety of colours too.

In a perfect world i would love to buy bright green Waldorf Knobs, for my MB colour scheme.

I tried doing a search for distinct knobs myself using google + globalspec,

but it only revealed very generic/plain looking ones.

It will be interesting to see what people can share.  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Alco_orangestripe.JPG

Those are maybe my favourite knobs ever, I almost bought those... But they just didn't match with the colour scheme I wanted, nor the milspec rating I was after at the time.

Instead went with these:

Raytheon70-2-1G.JPG

Which I like, as they are the same knobs used in some of the aircraft I used to fly... but are universally hated by everyone else ;)

That palace has good prices though!!

Alco_orangestripe.JPG

Those are maybe my favourite knobs ever, I almost bought those... But they just didn't match with the colour scheme I wanted, nor the milspec rating I was after at the time.

Those look like they have really excellent grip!

Goblinz those albs knobs are by far the prettiest ones ive ever seen i have to say.

Shame they dont produce them with more colours!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

these are really expensive, but for those with a little bit of loot kickin around would make a really nice custom knob..

http://banzaipickups.com/Custom-Inlay-c-947.html

22484_th.gif

Specifications:

Diameter (bottom): 20,5mm

Diameter (top): 20,5mm

Height: 20,5mm

Shaft diameter: 6,0mm

Shaft type: round shaft

Set-screw

also, I really really like these knobs and if ANYONE ever finds a place to get these let me know...

i'm currently pricing them as replacements directly from m-audio but i'd really want to find their supplier. i'm sure they're expensive directly from them...

profire610.jpg

• 1 month later...

i've been looking thru all kinds of knobs for my midibox sids..

not to pleased with whats available, or it might be me  :)

anyway, i put some knobs i 'liked' together, see attached image.

i've been looking for very soft rubber knobs aswel, but havent found any yet.

4453_pots_jpg5f789740096ee7a10451a2bd85a

4453_pots_jpg5f789740096ee7a10451a2bd85a

I`m not sure why every knob manufacturer don`t offer all their knobs in version without pointer. AFAIK from known manufacturers only Re`an do it, but still, it is very difficult to get all their knobs variations in small quantity.

I personally like their P670 model very much. It has so many advantages... it is soft touch, small diameter, small height, It has skirt that covers the nut,  comes in variety of colors and it is cheap! :) Meny DIY people and commercial manufacturers use it for their units. But, they don`t offer a version without pointer. :(

TM6Large1.jpg

Recently I find on Farnell knob that seams exact clone of this Re`an knob, It is made by Multicomp and it has pointer-less version. :) But... there is always "but" datasheet says it is made out of plastics, so they are probably not soft touch. Here is the bad quality picture from Farnell

144114307-40.jpg

datasheet: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/105152.pdf

direct link at Farnell: http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/cr-bab-6-d/knob-15-7mm-black-no-line/dp/1441143?_requestid=87898

Also, Re`an`s 10mm wide, soft touch P675 is perfect when dense packing is necessary.

P_675.jpg

Stryd, original - Re`an knobs are but this is Multicomp, so I can`t be sure. the datasheet says plastic, but it isn`t specified are they hard or soft.

EDIT: the datasheet gives not much info, but I find on the Farnel product page it says ABS, so they are definitely hard :(

@rvooh

You can`t expect to find all knobs you see on commercial gear in open sale. Some of them are made especially for specific piece of hardware. I don`t remember I`ve seen somewhere this CME knob for sale and obtaining it from manufacturer as a replacement part can be hard or more expensive. I`m always in hunt for nice knobs.

@rvooh

You can`t expect to find all knobs you see on commercial gear in open sale. Some of them are made especially for specific piece of hardware. I don`t remember I`ve seen somewhere this CME knob for sale and obtaining it from manufacturer as a replacement part can be hard or more expensive. I`m always in hunt for nice knobs.

yeah.. i'll keep searching for them though..

too bad CME has crappy service or i just ask them to send me 50 of those.