cheap transformer for bipolar PSUs at pollin.de

seppoman

Hi,

I've just bought a few transformers from pollin.de - that's a cheap surplus seller - and at the moment they're offering a transformer that is perfectly suited for e.g. MBFM PSUs and all AOUT/CV stuff:

http://www.pollin.de/shop/shop.php?cf=detail.php&pg=OA==&a=Nzg1OTk2OTk=&w=ODkzOTc5&ts=0

Input: 230 V~

Outputs:

- 8 V~/1,7 A

- 13,6-0-13,6 V/0,6 A (center-tapped)

- 4,2 V/0,15 A

Size: 60x52x57 mm.

I won't use the 4.2V, but 8V is a good start for the 5V rail and +/-13.6V center-tapped is perfect for a bipolar 12V supply. Both generating relatively few heat from the regulators.

And now comes the best: The price is 1.95 Euro :D

S

I just checked, pollin ships to Australia for 7EUR. Probably easier/cheaper if one of you guys just orders them directly - if you need help with the order lemme know.

You heard the man.

I'll PM you two, see if you want any.

Any others from the tailpipe of the world, let me know if you are interested. Do this sooner than later, I won't wait long.

• 3 months later...

I think they were on to the fact that mein Deutsches ist schisse.  ::) - It's true - ask anybody!!

yep. it is.  ;D

I think I should better improve my poor english instead of laughing about other people speaking german as a foreign language...

I'm in NZ and pollin.de quoted me €22 + €3/kg for shipping.  How did you get a rate of €7 to Australia?  (Was it actually the rate to Austria instead? :) )

Actually, we didn't.

We got quite a few of these between the 3 of us, and shipping still cost more than the trafos themselves.

Average cost (incl. shipping) was around €4.80 a piece.

Of course, if you buy fewer, the postage is relatively higher etc...