Anybody know Berlin?

Goblinz

I'm planning my annual trip to Berlin for Fullmoon festival. It looks like I'm going on my own this year which is a good thing as for once I'm not going to have to look after people (last year was a bit of a disaster) and am going to have chance to explorer Berlin on my own and do what I want when I want.

I'm booking tickets for the Blue Man Group and am also wanting to check out Tachelle and Berlin Zoo. I need stuff to do in the evenings though and am looking for suggestions.

I gather the undergound Psy-trance scene is a bit dead in Berlin, can anyone suggest any underground Psy/Goa clubs which are worth checking out?

I really want to find some seed EBM/Industrial clubs to go to (in my mind the best industrial/EBM comes from Germany, so I'm expecting some decent clubs). My German is very limited but I've amnaged to find a few club websites. http://www.last-cathedral.de/ looks excellent, although I'm not sure whether it's a bar or a club. I'm quite happy turning up to clubs on my own and meeting random people, if I get bored I can always have a dance! I don't think I'd have such a good time on my own at a pub though. A lot of the clubs I've seen have fettish nights too.... this is something I'd quite like to avoid.  SO, has anybody got any suggestions? I'm sure there must me some closet goths in here somewhere, after all EBM makes the best use of dirty synth lines that I have ever heard.

G

Thanks guys. I forgot that I posted a similar thread last year!

MTE... I was wanting in to avoid fetish/S&M clubs. Although they usually play good music, it is not my scene the one your link metions staes "the door policy requires an S&M outfit to enter" and when they talk about "S&M utensils", I take it that they don't mean cutlery.  I don't really think PVC and a face mask would suit me either :o :o :o

G

Probably from the 12th - 27th July. The festival itself is from the 15th - 22nd July. The three days before will be spet at the Tachelle, The Blue Man Group show and probably at the Zoo, aswell as one of those city tours and maybe a night club. Then I have a whole 5 days afterwards to do some exploring and to check out some more clubs.

My mental/physical sanity will not be an issue... I'm spending a week at a Psychedelic-Trance festival so will probably be able to put up with most things that anybody can throw at me. I would appreciate an email address a bit closer to the time if they are up for showing me the night life... Do they know any decent underground clubs?

G