M-audio Boycott!

inteliko

I pray to God on my hands and knees tonight after messing with an M-audio product trying to get it to work for my whole evening , that they along with their tech support ppl be sodomized in hell forever for having such crappy incompatible drivers.

Write some drivers that work a**holes! You wont listen when emailed and your numbnut tech support is a joke! Maybe you'll get the hint if enough ppl bitch on the most read blogs where beginners who dont know how f**ked up your products are turn to members for advice. I say ya get what ya pay for..cheap aint good and good aint cheap!!! But guess what, with M-audio the product might not only act poorly you may have to upgrade the f+ck out of your lappy because someone dont know how to write good drivers... All the money your GONNA spend to finally get the thing to work, you can get yourself a TC konnekt, or a Liquid mix..both come with REAL software.., really good reverbs, EQ, and compression, not no BS trial ware.

Toodles!

Get on the f+ckin ball with them drivers you scrubs...

Have a good rant if you like, but you have forgotten to tell us what M-Audio product was giving you trouble, how it wasn't working and what you had to do to get it working.

I can sort of make out that you got some product for a laptop and the drivers didn't work for some reason, but which product, and what did you need to upgrade on your laptop, and why not just return it before upgrading and buy something else?

I've had absolutely no trouble at all with my M-Audio Delta 1010LT, plugged it in, rebooted, installed drivers, done... 8 audio channels in/out, low latency ASIO, plus MIDI I/O, all works fine for me. So any "beginners who dont know how f**ked up [M-Audio] products are" can take my advice too, and not be scared away from what I think was a great product at a great price.

well.. yes; sometimes the packaged sound drivers don't work with many such products..

i put some delta 2496's in some machines i made for someone & although the out the box driver didn't work with xp64; it didn't take long to find one on their website.

Now work perfectly, super low latency, rock bottom noise floor, excellent performance, easy to understand control/routing panel & ...erm cheap too.

so no complaints really.

..however take something lie a focusrite saffire ..and my god they can be a bitch to get working ...and the card mixer interface is a confusing nightmare. ..thats a box i wish i hadn't put on another's machine... Got a spare LE here at home ..and its not much better for confusion..

Lynx SC's... erm not really in the price range the chap was intending on ..thats more like protools money oddly enough.. basic lynx card cost more than i paid for my chosen method of personal transport ;)

..however take something lie a focusrite saffire ..and my god they can be a bitch to get working ...and the card mixer interface is a confusing nightmare. ..thats a box i wish i hadn't put on another's machine... Got a spare LE here at home ..and its not much better for confusion..

Hang on, does this mean you actually got a Saffire working? I have a Saffire "Pro" 26I/O. I'd love to know how to get it working. And how to get it to keep working, not just drop out when it feels like. Hey, maybe then I could actually use the thing for its intended function. Now, that would be cool.

I've changed the topic here because I don't think that the midibox forum is the place for launching a boycott based on...well...nothing.

I pray to God on my hands and knees tonight .... that they along with their tech support ppl be sodomized in hell forever for having such crappy incompatible drivers.

I could be wrong, but I think God has bigger problems to deal with. Like, war, famine, poverty, and people using his name in vain in rants on the internet ;D

for having such crappy incompatible drivers.

I just bought an M-Audio USB Midi cable yesterday and had to fiddle with it for at least 2 hours. It was doing weird stuff and wasn't interacting with my core module. I looked through connections and everything was good. Turns out it was a minor driver update and everything was good after that.

I have M-Audio Delta1010LT for some time and I can say that card works very good for me, and never cosed me any problems. I think it is great card for that money but some other products maybe are not so good. I talked to a TOS the other day... he bought FastTrack Pro and he had so much troubles because that card is very sensitive output... some Yamaha amp that it was hooked on has cosing the problems. He said he found out on some forum other people having same problems with that model.

I get a lot of problem with M-audio audio card (quattro), with their strange driver, but I have to say that my MIDIMAN USB 2x2 is rock solid and never cause me any problem on any system (win and ubuntu linux).

I think the choice of the usb interface for audio product is the crappy thing, and maybe some problem come from the win host too..

I get a lot of problem with M-audio audio card (quattro), with their strange driver, but I have to say that my MIDIMAN USB 2x2 is rock solid and never cause me any problem on any system (win and ubuntu linux).

I think the choice of the usb interface for audio product is the crappy thing, and maybe some problem come from the win host too..

That's odd i have a midiman sport 4x4 and it sucks big time. No signed drivers (it costs them 80$ to get those signed.) i have to use my old live blaster 5.1 to get data on my core's

That's odd i have a midiman sport 4x4 and it sucks big time. No signed drivers (it costs them 80$ to get those signed.) i have to use my old live blaster 5.1 to get data on my core's

I take it you've made the mistake of switching to vista then? Not to worry, you can disable the requirement for signed drivers (or so the wintel guys at work tell me)... But I'd be going back to XP ;)

Ow I had fun with FTPro! There really is a problem with getting the drivers to show "connected" but nothing that can't be sorted out with a few reboots. The real problem was that "dying-once-in-every-hour-during-the-gig" which I have accused first the electrical instalations, than the laptop charger and in the end I had no idea what was causing troubles.

Everyone say that MAUDIO has good tech support if you have enough paitience. Haven't tried that ball.

www.audioforums.com have a good M-audio related section where I've found a discussion from ppl with similar problems. One of them had this kind of issue. EVERY TIME he turns on the lightbulb in the bathroom(a prefect testing environment), the soundcard dies. Deducting various equipment variables he got down to electrical-sensitivity to impulses that are sent back from the speakers trough the audio cable. The card was dying on him even when the speakers were turned off but connected to soundcard.

I still don't have solution to this as I dont-have/can't-reproduce this kind of problem @ home and not enough money to experiment with things that come into my mind: (quality)galvanic decoupler, small mixer between sndcard & amp, SPDIF to line converter....

Solution to dying was to turn off traktor, power-cycle the soundcard, turn traktor on.

MAUDIO isn't that bad. I mean, for the price you get some good hardware and low latencies. You can't blame everything on them because you tried to install your soundcard to uncompatible vista or xp that you have for ages and use for internet, gaming, pr0n, etc. Some soundcards are good some are not. I love this one though it is sensitive and delicate, it is not maudio's fault that someone made a crappy amplifier. I guess that on the set, soundcard ain't something that goes straight to the PA. You have at least one mixer inbetween.

EDIT: typos

it is not maudio's fault that someone made a crappy amplifier. I guess that on the set, soundcard ain't something that goes straight to the PA. You have at least one mixer inbetween.

I wouldn`t agree with that. It is not turntable that needs preamp. Every line output must fit every line input. I wouldn`t rely on that card when doing a gig. Some galvanic isolation maybe isn`t that expensive. Check http://www.trafco.co.yu/ Maybe they can make you one. I bought 2x15V 30VA torus for something more than 10EUR from them recently and it is top class!

well, here's another M-Audio Lover :-*

I'm only having problems with my Delta1010LT: When I updated my driver some years ago, it prevented my Mac from going to deep sleep. Of course this wasn't mentioned anywhere, I had a whole day fun, searching by trial & error to isolate that sh!t. Until today no newer driver has solved this issue. Now I can choose between having a mac that cannot sleep anymore (which is really most ridiculous!) or a card that outputs distorted sound when running longer than 1 or 2 hours (??!?) :P ... Ahh, forgot that MIDI is totally dead from time to time until I restart.

Silly how I was, I also bought a FW410 (external Firewire Card)... I still need to find out, if I'm too dumb to turn a soft-pot, or if there's a huge bug in the firmware, that needs a factory state reset, before it actually allows any audio-input at all... But besides that, M-Audio is Number-1!

...Kernel-Panic-Generator:

[tt]Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.m-audio.driver.firewire(1.8.2)@0x3dc28000->0x3dc78fff[/tt]

The support never answered my questions aside from extremely useful answers like "don't change anything in the Audio/MIDI Setup" or "Delta drivers do not support deep sleep due to security reasons" :o (no joke, can prove this!)

However, there are companies on this planet surely deserving boycot demands more than M-Audio - so I won't sign such a demand here and now, but honestly: until they really do something serious about their drivers, I simply won't buy it, 'cause it's not worth the money. Though I probably would buy something that needs no software-driver (and no support ;D).

Cheers,

Michael

i've never had problems with my m-audio 2496, or ozonic, or keystation pro 88, or trigger finger, or axiom 25.  i did however blow out the m-audio monitors i had, but i think that was my fault and i will eventually buy them again.

each of these devices i paid a relatively small amount of money for and they have worked on windows xp without a glitch.

Hang on, does this mean you actually got a Saffire working? I have a Saffire "Pro" 26I/O. I'd love to know how to get it working. And how to get it to keep working, not just drop out when it feels like. Hey, maybe then I could actually use the thing for its intended function. Now, that would be cool.

Hey, guess what?

I think I got my Saffire working!

Nothing to do with the box, or the drivers, but more to do with those fabulous boffins at Microsoft not quite getting the Firewire sorted out in XP SP2. There's a free patch available to all law-abiding XP owners.