Inside the waldorf XT (expecially encoders)

ganchan

I had a big problem with my XT. He is hard used and the cutoff encoder do not run the value step by step but, it jump to max to quite min if i turn up fast and vice-versa.

i've open it and clean, now it work but:

what kind of 'oli' (grease) is the one that is inside? new encoders have too.

this kind of encoders are hard to close like was by manufacturers. now there is a micro tic because the little metal enclosure are not so heavy.

some photos.

xt1mini.jpg

xt2mini.jpg

xt3mini.jpg

more photos later.

These look like Panasonic Encoders.

About the grease: Don't even think about pouring your own grease in there, it seems to be a very difficult thing to have the right amount of grease in it. - We once had to send a whole lot back to Alps for replacement, due to too much grease in them from the factory. The result was, that they didn't contact reliable anymore and were "jumping".

Greets, Roger

i've re enclose the encoder, now it's like new but the grease that was inside is very dense and make a good resistance. i need to found a good dense grease. my grease is to soft and the encoder now turns too fast for me :)

so scream, tnx for the input but i've just put my grease inside :P. very few, i'm so careful doing this, but i think i must use another type.

any suggestion?

Hey Ganchan, can you post a close-up photo of those knobs? I always like how those knobs looks, but never seen it from short distance. Are they soft touch? Maybe is possible to get a replacement knobs from Waldorf even replacement parts are usually more expensive.

hi sasha. i love that one too!

i've ordered many years ago 100 of them and they tell me that there are no more stock since waldorf it's 'dead'.

i've requested another time 1 month ago but they have tell me no news..

the pots are soft touch, a little coarse, not so much bigger so you can place it closer.

we can try to ask who produce them and buy many like the alps ones?

waldorf.pot1_thumb.jpg

2295_waldorf_pot1_jpg418c415c924d0b2a670

What about using dielectric grease?  I got some on ebay, 50 little tubes of it, for some ridiculously low price that I can't remember.

Kurt

tnx for the info! it's more like a glue that a grease if you touch it? the grease of the encoders it's very glueoso (italianish) :p

hey Doug, have you a brand to suggest to me?

Well, I've never used ptfe grease myself for faders, so I'm not sure which one to use...  Everything I've done has been with Caig (DeoxIt) Fadergrease...

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.305/.f

I've also heard that GC Electronics Luberex is good, but I haven't tried that one yet...

Doug