MIDIbox LC Question

xixi

I already manufactured MIDIBOX64 and MIDIBOX LC, has the LTC module .

Now the question is ?

I need MIDIBOX LC logic the control button ?48buttons??Also needs MIDIBOX64 64 fader ?Changes again the LTC module the USB module .

Ask how makes concrete should design, can logic control (button) and MIDIBOX64 (fader) also uses,Uses for to control the PC software.

PS:  I existing need to control the PC software, the MIDIBOX64 button use has the question, but the MIDIBOX LC button does not have the question, but fader actually has 8

USB module I have manufacture PIC18F4550, probably has the question, wants to use AN2131SC, did not know that has the question?

My question found, with USB the PIC module, could not read in the LTC module contents.

Another question ?

USB PIC Module and Core Module cross-connect .

Core Module 6N138 removes,but R6=1.2K needs to remove ???

USB PIC Module already had 6N138, as well as R3=1.2K .

unless you can use the standard CORE pcb to do the pic-usb module (with some mods), there are two different things.

Core module will drive your midibox and so send/receive MIDI datas, you have to build your CORE with all components (the optocoupler and the resistor) if you plane to use one day your midibox with another external interface or gear

if you plane to integrate your USB-PIC module into your MIDIbox, you can use the J11 port of the core module and j2 of the USB-PIC module for a direct connection. In this  case, don't plug the optocoupleur and related resistors on the core and on the usb module, and DON'T USE the midi IN/out port plugs of the two modules (datas come in and out from usb directly to the core PIC, and you can not mix two midi in without a merger)

PIC-USB module is a MIDI interface for your computer, maybe you will one day plugg in another gear than the midibox, I think its better to mount the two modules complete then use midi cables to connect them together in the normal way, so you will be free later to change your setup without searching around for the missing part...

hope this reply to you fine.

I think know what xixi means. His native language is Chinese, in which the words "problem" and "question" are quite one word. That's why the online translator writes "the question" here and there, funny!

I will write him and try to translate his problems in this thread, then translate back.

I already manufactured MIDIBOX64 and MIDIBOX LC, has the LTC module .

Now the question is ?

I need MIDIBOX LC logic the control button ?48buttons??Also needs MIDIBOX64 64 fader ?Changes again the LTC module the USB module .

Ask how makes concrete should design, can logic control (button) and MIDIBOX64 (fader) also uses,Uses for to control the PC software.

PS:  I existing need to control the PC software, the MIDIBOX64 button use has the question, but the MIDIBOX LC button does not have the question, but fader actually has 8

USB module I have manufacture PIC18F4550, probably has the question, wants to use AN2131SC, did not know that has the question?

TRANSL:

"I already built MIDIBOX64 and MIDIBOX LC, with a LTC module.

Now the question is ?

I need MIDIBOX LC's control buttons ?48buttons) but I also need 64 faders from MIDIBOX64, as well as he LTC module and the USB module.

May I ask how can I make a concrete design, can I combine logic control buttons and 64 faders of a MIDIBOX64 to control the PC software?

PS:  I already tried to control PC software, the MIDIBOX64 button use [i.e. using the MB64 application i suppose, akcija] had problems [he wrote that the pots worked well but MIOS hung up as soon as he pressed a button and LEDs all lit up, lots of random MIDI events arrived at the PC], but if using the MIDIBOX LC app, buttons do not have problems [the buttons work well], but I then  I of course have only 8 faders.

I built the USB module with a PIC18F4550, probably that is the problem, should I use AN2131SC?"

My question found, with USB the PIC module, could not read in the LTC module contents.

Another question ?

USB PIC Module and Core Module cross-connect .

Core Module 6N138 removes,but R6=1.2K needs to remove ???

USB PIC Module already had 6N138, as well as R3=1.2K .

TRANSL:

"I found the problem, [umm....... whatever. anyway, he found the problem!]

Another question:

I like to cross-connect USB PIC module with the core. I removed the 6N138 on the Core, but do I need to remove R6 (1.2K) ???

My USB PIC module already has 6N138 as well as R3(1.2k).

[OK, that one had no need for translation!]

Core Module and  USB PIC Module,cross-connect.

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_v3.pdf

IC2=6N138, R6=1.2K.

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_usb_pic18f4550.pdf

IC2=6N138,R3=1.2K.

My question ?

Which retains?

which does cancel?

Thanks ??

His question: Which parts should he mount and which leave out?

??? ???????????Core Module??LTC???????USB????????????????????????OK??

?????????USB PIC Module ? Core Module ?????

Core Module?6N138 ??,??R6=1.2K ??????

USB PIC Module ?????6N138, ??R3=1.2K .

?2????????????5v????????????5v?????????????????5V???????PIC18F452?RX????R6=1.2K ?

Umm... yes. The same question in Chinese. Hope we can help this guy together. I understand Chinese but have no experience with the USB PIC module. Hope you guys can explain.

A general answer to this topic: for every MIDIbox which uses analog components (like pots, faders, but also audio circuits like SID or OPL3), it is recommented to use the optocouplers at both sides (so, don't leave out a part) to avoid jittering values (at the AIN side) or digital noise (at the audio side).

So, just use a common cross-connection between MIDI In and Out ports.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...