x0xb0x Rare Parts Offer - Act fast - I have to move on this CLOSED and DONE

TheAncientOne

A Bit of Good News at Last, Update 3

Parts Arrived (26/03/08)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3

All testing done - 3 2SC733P with gain greater than 300 packed with each kit.

Invoices going out as I get your Paypal addresses

TheProf      - 2 Kits - Paid - (got)

Sasha        - 5 Kits - Paid - sent

Goblinz       - 2 Kits - Paid - sent

asafnetzer  - 1 Kit  - (held pending other bulk order)

MTE          - 1 Kit - Paid - sent

Kartoshka   - 1 Kit - (held pending other bulk order)

Ganchan    - 2 Kits - Paid - sent

Zoran        - 2 Kits - Paid - sent

nebula       - 1 Kit - Paid - sent

BugFight    - 1 Kit - Paid - sent

Narwhal     - 1 Kit - Paid - sent

Barry N.     - 1 Kit - Paid - sent

Update 2

Parts arrived today (26/03/08)

I'll start transistor testing later.

Please will everyone on the list email me their Paypal address as soon as possible.

Update 1

AN6562's sourced and added

Order now sent and paid for First Batch

If you missed it, don't worry, I will do a second lot once this one is done.

One of my suppliers has made me a pretty good offer, and I know he has stock. The only way to get this, though, is to buy a large batch.

I can offer 20 rare parts kits which will consist of:

2SC536    - 25 Sanyo  (including 1 spare)

2SA733   - 11 Sanyo  (including 1 spare)

BA6110    - 1 off

2SC2291  - 1 off

2SC1583  - 3 off

LA4140    - 1 off

2SK30A(O) - 1 off

2SK30A(Y) - 1 off

AN6562     - 2 off

All parts are new, except for the BA6110, which are pulls from assembled but unused boards - they are guaranteed.

I will grade the 2SA733's and make sure everyone gets a suitable pair of higher gain ones. (I will get extra).

The whole lot will cost about 21 - 24 Euro, depending upon taxes, plus payPal fees, and carriage at cost to wherever you are. Those outside EC will get them cheaper, because I will do this through my company and be able to do the official VAT paperwork, (no VAT on exports outside the EC). If the duty is less I will pass the discount on, hence my 'do not send money yet'.

The report is that the Fairchild 733's from Mouser may cause lockups due to tolerance spread. These are Sanyo, as per the original.

Delivery to the UK will be 7 days from order.

I am not splitting the packs - if you don't want some of the bits, then swap or ebay them.

If you want in, send an email, marked "x0xb0x rare parts kit" to profpep (at) hotmail (dot) com

(you know the drill replace the (at) and (dot) with @ and . ). Don't forget this constitutes a contract to buy.

I only have a short time window on this, so need to know by 16:00 Monday 18th March at the latest.

You don't need to send money now, I'll Paypal you  when things are sorted, you've got up to 30 days to hustle some cash together, if you need it.

I'll add names as I get emails

TheProf     - 2 Kits

Sasha       - 5 Kits

Goblinz      - 2 Kits

asafnetzer - 1 Kit

MTE         - 1 Kit

Kartoshka  - 1 Kit

Ganchan   - 2 Kits

Zoran       - 2 Kits

nebula      - 1 Kit

DenDer     - 1 Kit

Narwhal    - 1 Kit

Barry N.    - 1 Kit

First batch all spoken for

+--------------------------

|  Pending for second batch

+--------------------------

Mark L. - 3 Kits

This IS really good news. I already answered you over email.  ;)

I will grade the 2SA733's and make sure everyone gets a suitable pair of higher gain ones. (I will get extra).

Thank you, but are you out of your mind??? Some quality multimeters might have better transistor testing socket, but on mine 2 cheepos this is not an  easy nor quick task.

Delivery to the UK will be 7 days from order.

That is fast compared to 11 weeks they give you for Grayhill. Grayhill said 4-5 weeks and it will be in Digikey. They even advised me to place an order trough Digikey. So, maybe we should do it as we are already ordering other parts from there.

I am not splitting the packs - if you don't want some of the bits, then swap or ebay them.

Fair. I hope I can still get more of those 536 :)

Thanks alot for all your efforts! And,  mean it.

Thank you, but are you out of your mind??? Some quality multimeters might have better transistor testing socket, but on mine 2 cheepos this is not an  easy nor quick task.

I have a peak electronics transistor tester, and I easily knock up a fixed current Hfe test jig. It's not as bad as Wilba testing all those SIDs.

i must wrote there and i'm glad to do but, the batch of transistors recived from the supplier are not good.

i mean 2SA733AP, 2SC536F and 2SC945P. they have totally wrong the HFE reference.

so all people that want join TheProf order "can" do it, obiviusly. i've say at start of my order that i want to test them before buy them. sorry for this, it's just happned. i'm waiting for another batch but time it's long.

obiviusly my order it's not close but if you need a complete kit, ask TheProf. :)

than mine it's good for spare  ;)

DSCF8030_thumb.JPG

DSCF8030.JPG

Some of the positions on the board, HFE is not critical, especially those doing triggering etc.

Technology transplant warned me that the Fairchild ones from Mouser can cause problems with lockups, and to go for Sanyo, as used in the original 303's.

As I posted in another thread I got a good sound using BC212C and BC184C in a repair job on an original, though I am not sure if every transistor had failed, and I can't remember which ones I replaced.

By the way - if you are doing critical HFE tests, (or VCE test for matching), do not handle the transistors with your fingers, you will warm them up and get varying readings. Even a draughty room can affect VCE enough to measure. I know this from selecting transistors to repair a Moog ladder filter, a long time ago. I spent all night wondering why I got variable readings. In a draught proof room, and using tweezers to handle the transistors I got much better results. Being realistic, it is not practical to  get a better match than +/- 5 on gain. I must measure the gains of one of my LM394 or SSM pairs, to see how close they match.

hfe of this are beeeed, this it's because the supplier it's italian, and you can stay hours and hours at phone for make your job as accurate as you can, but it's always an asshole.

945 are 200 around. the P serie it's from 200 to 400. they seems more like Q series.

733(ap) are P and over 300 but not so like the AP ones.

536 are 250 or 450 where the F are 160-320 so seems many different series.

Some of the positions on the board, HFE is not critical, especially those doing triggering etc.

Technology transplant warned me that the Fairchild ones from Mouser can cause problems with lockups, and to go for Sanyo, as used in the original 303's.

As I posted in another thread I got a good sound using BC212C and BC184C in a repair job on an original, though I am not sure if every transistor had failed, and I can't remember which ones I replaced.

By the way - if you are doing critical HFE tests, (or VCE test for matching, do not handle the transistors with your fingers, you will warm them up and get varying readings.

you can see your tester count UP the HFE if you breath hot air from your mouth over the transistor.  ;D

Thanks for your efforts Ganchan, have sorted to get bits through Prof now. I may still be interested in some 2SC945P if you're still ordering some in the future.

Have we found a possible source for the BA662A? Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, I'm at work and don't have time to check back through the threads.

Prof, just noticed on your list, you have listed...

2SC2291 - 3 off

2SC1583 - 1 off

Should these quantities be the other way round?

G

you can see your tester count UP the HFE if you breath hot air from your mouth over the transistor.  ;D

Well,as they say it's your kink, but kissing transistors is usually1 safer than kissing soldering irons ........ (This is now a MIDIbox traditional joke)

1 Does not apply to switchmode chopper transistors.

Hi Prof, just got a delivery failure to your email adress profpep at hotmail dot com. Maybe its yahoo (mine) i dont know. Anyways i will try again. When do you know the exact amount that we have to pay??

I've put you down anyway. Please memo me your email addres and I'll try sending from this end.

As I said, I won't know the actual cost until I have got the goods delivered, (duty rate etc), though I allowed for that in my quote of 20-22 euro, postage will depend on where you are, the final packed weight, and whether you want postal insurance.

I may have AN6562's to add too, though I don't expect them to make a major difference

First batch ordered today.

I have managed to add some AN6562's to the order which means this is a full kit of the rare/obsolete parts.

If you didn't get in the first batch, don't worry, I can do a second set - he has more parts.

Once I have parts, I will memo/email costs and paypal detail requests.

Parts checked in - all there. Transistors are Sanyos. I did get the AN6562's as well.

I have run the 2SA733P's through my Peak DCA55. http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/jz_dca55.html. Well worth the money if you test a lot of stuff. They do one that does Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors too.

Score as follows:

Lowest gain measured = 250

Highest gain measured = 348

Transistors with gain greater than 300 = 65

Transistors with gain between 290 and 299 = 40

So everyone gets 3 high gain ones for their filters. THis is the best I can get - the 2SA733AP seems to be unavailable.

The 2SC536F's are actually the F variant, (some suppliers list them then supply the more generic parts).

transistor-test_thumb.jpg

2420_transistor-test_jpgb8bea1b296d4bc89