x0xb0x Rare Parts Offer - Act fast - I have to move on this CLOSED and DONE

TheAncientOne

Almost ready to go. Parts sorted, bagged and tagged. All I need now are posting bags and to get the airmail prices. I'll memo out to get your PayPal addresses. I got the core cost down to 21 Euro, (including the 2 AN6562's which I added later), this will be plus packing, postage and PayPal fee, which I have yet to work out.

Meanwhile, this is what it all looks like:

ReadyToGo_thumb.jpg

2418_ReadyToGo_jpga38b1872ef5b97d4e9d78a

My package arrived the other day.  X0X was 99.9% completed and working last light.  Audio and Video coming soon.

Thanks Prof!  Mostly what I needed was the 6562's and your package arrived faster than the ones I ordered from ebay.  In fact, I've ordered the ones from ebay twice now.. they seem to keep getting lost in the mail.

Kurt

Prof, i would definitely be interested in one set if you do a 2nd order.

Youre price is half the price a guy on the xoxbox forum is selling them for, he obviously couldnt get them all as cheap as you can.

I really appreciate you putting this order together for people.

• 2 months later...

Prof, i would definitely be interested in one set if you do a 2nd order.

I really appreciate you putting this order together for people.

Prof: I would like to echo smithy.  I have just made the desicion to make the xox and need to collect the rare parts.

People, will you please wait for batch for rare parts to be offered first. Mike said he might do it after he finish few batches he is doing right now. So please be patient and wait like everybody else. Come on forum regularly and you want miss it, but don`t expect Mike fetching your orders here. There is a Bulk order forum and wiki page for that but let`s wait until (if) he, announce it again. Thank you.

People, will you please wait for batch for rare parts to be offered first. Mike said he might do it after he finish few batches he is doing right now. So please be patient and wait like everybody else. Come on forum regularly and you want miss it, but don`t expect Mike fetching your orders here. There is a Bulk order forum and wiki page for that but let`s wait until (if) he, announce it again. Thank you.

We're not being impatient, we're letting him know that we would be interested, whats wrong with that?

At least then he can put a figure on how many people would be in on the next bulk order.

But I need one right now!  My school project is due by the end of the month!

Oh the agony...

i need a full set for my Tiramisu dirt duster, i am fully supported by the coriander smelling Wellington real estate kitchen and an nameized counselor of the endless falafel rolling hands.

Please send to me now and i ll pay when i can, as usual

Simone

• 5 months later...

2SC536    - 25 Sanyo  (including 1 spare)

2SA733   - 11 Sanyo  (including 1 spare)

BA6110    - 1 off

2SC2291  - 1 off

2SC1583  - 3 off

LA4140    - 1 off

2SK30A(O) - 1 off

2SK30A(Y) - 1 off

AN6562     - 2 off

Hi there;

I look now into the kit and i see that 2SK30A(O) is not there... but got 2SK30A(GR) instead.

How hard is it to get this specific part, and if it really a must to be an (o)?

Assuming other guys got the same kits, Please post a/b testimonials about it's affection on sound, if at all?

on ladyada forums they say there definitely must be that (o)+(y) couple.

Interesting point.

My HK supplier, sent me the pairs he was using in clones, I went with his recommendation.

The parameter measured by the bin code is Idss, the maximum current that the FET will deliver.

Q39 2SK20A (Y),  is used as a constant current source in the tail of the Q40, Q41 darlington pair that buffer the envelope generating capacitor. as long as the current is within range, there can be no problems. Idss is for a "Y" is 1.2 to 3.0 mA, so there is a reasonable variation available anyway.

The Second FET, the one in question, is a high impedence buffer on the VCO timing capacitor.  The rating for an "O" is 0.5 to 1.4 mA. The rating for a "GR" is 2.6 to 6.5mA. Since there is a 10K resistor in the tail of the FET buffer, the maximum current that could  flow is 1.2mA. You can't overdrive a FET in this instance, to me it seems the "GR" has a bit more headroom. Unless they deliberately run the FET a bit non-linear, there should be no audible difference

I will compare notes once I get my Sasha x0x up and running, My LadyAda x0x is not quite right yet - I'm getting a more perfect sawtooth, (no flat topped bit), and I haven't yet tuned up the filter resonance - though I did select the highest gain transistors, from the LadyAda kit for the filter, (already done for you). I'll report back as I do.

If you figure on experimenting, leave the leads long on the FET to make it easy to remove for testing.

If you want to save rare parts for where they affect the sound, some of the ordinary transistors can be replaced as they are just pulse forming or doing 'support' jobs.

2sk30atm_en_datasheet_030325.pdf

3986_tb303_gifb347890c17e56a6a291eee4d61

2sk30atm_en_datasheet_030325.pdf

3986_tb303_gifb347890c17e56a6a291eee4d61