x0xb0x Bulk parts order Reloaded. (to Digikey, Mouser, etc).

TheAncientOne

As I told Mike, (not sure have he get that mail) the footprint for the tempo encoder is standard. All those encoders with smaller spacing would fit. I tested 3 I had... Alps, Bourns and some Chinese noname and all fits perfectly. We just need 20mm shaft. I`m good with fine metal works so I allow myself to say it would be not an easy task to make even flat surface on 6mm cylinder.

But, main argument is that we don`t really need to do it. Alps has EC11B series with 20mm shaft that is perfect and needs no modification. And Bourns is probably cheaper with their encoder that looks exactly like Alps but has gray shaft color. 

Here is the pix of mentioned 3 types that fit.

3274_IMG_1555_jpge2648e419fd498032837f39

3276_IMG_1556_jpg56436261db832e955675dd3

3278_IMG_1557_jpge9a936a6f685b4370cca872

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do have stock of the CT3007-ND which has a round, longer shaft. The shaft might need cutting down, and you needed a flat, you'd have to file one, (not too hard IMHO).

I'm fine with those, 'filing' is my middle name  ;D probably.

As long we don't need separate order for these encoders, i'm fine with any choice, either filing or ordering what Sasha advices. Second seems easier.

Is anybody here with spares of 2sc536 (2sa733 too) here ? I am searchin this part everywhere on the net but wasnt able to find it. Iknow the 733 can be found at mouser, but i hope i dont need to order just for that. I hope somebody can help me out with these. I would be also in for the grayhill switches and the usb chip if this bulk will cover these parts.

greetz

Hi, I just found this thread - why is it tucked away in the miscellaneous section and not in bulk orders? Anyway, I built a x0xb0x from self sourced parts a while ago, but I was unable to obtain the grayhill switches and ended up using offboard  mounted miniature hex switches instead. They are not really suitable, so I would like to obtain the Grayhill ones, but it looks like I am too late for this order.  Is there any possibility of another order? (or any available spares from this one?) Thanks in advance.

Cheers, vout

• 4 weeks later...

Last parts arrived today!

I will have one spare of hardware and parts (but not rare parts) set, I can't do any more for now, (I was going to, but the Greyhills are out of stock again).

The accounting is not going to be fun, with a varying Dollar, a base currency of £UK, and most payments in Euros!

Last packing this weekend, I hope.

Great! Thanks Mike.

Sorry you have to mess with all that accounting and conversions but I don`t think you should care about varying Dollar, just take the value that wan`t make you lose. I`m sure people want care much about it as you are doing all the hard work for us. 

Great! Thanks Mike.

Sorry you have to mess with all that accounting and conversions but I don`t think you should care about varying Dollar, just take the value that wan`t make you lose. I`m sure people want care much about it as you are doing all the hard work for us. 

+1

Not really bothered as long as it's within a couple fo quid of the figure.... having said that I use stirling so doesn't really effect me much.

• 1 month later...

I'm packing and invoicing now. First three posted today. Will have the rest invoiced before weekend, (Had run out of some 1% resistors).

A couple of people will find that I've 'balanced up' their order - like they ordered enough Panasonic pots for 2 units, but only 1 set of Alpha's.

Since I had some low cost heatsinks for the power reg, I threw in the ones I hadn't used on a 'lucky dip' basis.

I've put a detailed invoice/checklist in with the parts.

Mike

Mine's arrived. I think I missed a few things off whilst ordering though (4N37 and another IC + Resistors), I should be able to get them though, I tink I already have some 4n37's (First time for everything!) and the hard to find AC variant of the chip can be swapped with an AC variant. Thanks for your efforts Prof, it's appreciated as ever. Let me know when you're next in Bradford and I'll try and make it over to thank you with a beer!

If you need 4N37's - I have spares. I can easily do another on or two 1% resistor kits, (I nearly sent one, thinking about it), just let me know and I'll drop then in the mail today - it's not as if it's airmail. I may have 1 74AC174 to spare too, though I'll have to check.

Glad all arrived OK.

Thanks for the offer, I definitely need a couple of resistor kits and the 4n37 if you have them spare. As for the IC, I can't remember which one it was so will have to check when I get home and check the list. there's no rush anyway, I have a malfunctioning MB-6582 to sort out before I try any thing x0x related! I'll be in touch tonight anyway.

Nice pics Kartoshka, looks like much aaciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid ;D <- where is this f..ggin smilie  >:(

Thanx and 1000 thanx again to Prof, my parts arrived today, cant await to listen the 1st tune out of the vco 2morrow... :)

Regards