CLOSED: Black Re'an P401 Soft-touch knobs - 39 cents each

nebula

UPDATE: April 9, 2008

These P401 knobs will cost 39 cents each, plus shipping.  Latecomers are free to send me a PM and I will do what I can to accomodate.

Re'an, as many have caught on, make some pretty nice knobs, but they are hard to come by in small quantities.

This bulk order is for RE'AN P401-0-D6 pointerless black encoder knobs.  They're skinny, and they would be perfect for a densely packed but tweakable panel, such as MIDIbox SEQ.  I have a few samples and I must say I think they are gorgeous, and they feel great.

For this bulk order, these knobs are 39 cents each.  Your minimum order is 50 pieces.  If you have added your name to this Wiki page you are guaranteed knobs.  Expect a PM shortly, as soon as I figure out shipping costs

After I get payment, I will order the knobs. Delivery will take a few weeks, and they will be shipped directly to you.  All orders will ship from U.S.A. except Canadian orders, which will ship from Canada (same deal as before with the Optrex displays).

Don't worry!  You are not actually committed to buy until you pay the invoice.  If you decide that the final price is too high... All you have to do is not pay (well, I'd appreciate if you would let me know, too).

Meanwhile, take a look at the attached picture.  The knob we're ordering here is the black one, on the right.

P401-enc_thumb.jpg

P401-table_thumb.jpg

2388_P401-enc_jpg423a76e3eb1f16c276d96d0

2390_P401-table_jpg5f2fc5194326cb9306187

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any news on the other re'an order?

Another user is presently selling "P301" knobs in the fleamarket.  And I want to decide by group vote which colour of the knob with the pointer we should order.

If you visit the Wiki page you'll see a link to a tiny Flickr set, with a bit more insight into that one.

For clarity, and to keep things moving (since there are a lot of people asking me about these black P401 knobs),  we'll make this one happen as quickly as we can.

People should feel free to use this thread however they like!  That also means if you want some knobs but don't want to meet the 50 piece minimum, maybe you can find somebody else here to split an order!

Sorry, didn't mean that as a threat or anything...

I thought that you were doing a P301 order, too...

At this moment, I just want to get the P401s out of the way.  Initially I had planned to get a group consensus on which P301's and which pointered knobs everybody wants, then order everything en masse with the P401 knobs being ordered here.

I came to the realization that I may be making things too complicated for one Bulk Order thread.  I want some P301 knobs, and I want some of the knobs with the pointer, too (if nothing else for my MS-2000).  The difference here is that I have a quote for P401's, and a bunch of people are very eager to get them, so ... look for another bulk, very shortly, as we decide on which variants of P301 and pointer- knob we're going to go with.

I am a bit short on time at this moment, until April 2.  In a few days I'm going away until then, to the Winter Music Conference in South Beach.  We will start working on the other knobs when I get back.  In case anybody wants these in addition to other knobs that we will be ordering shortly, I will of course be willing to hold these ones back on request so that they can all ship together, in case you'd like to save a few bucks on shipping.

Great! I`l stop working on my controller until I get these. I find them much more suitable than Albs ones. Thanks Nebulja.

PS. Me and kokiPsiho will probably join the orders in one package as we both live in Belgrade. I`ll pay for both

I'm in for some of these too. I tried to get them through their UK agents, and didn't get very far - they sent me samples of the pointer type, but don't even acknowledge that the 401's exist.

Having tried the pointer versions 300 and 400, I have to say my preference is for the 401's. I want to use them for my sequencer, otherwise, with larger knobs, I will have to do two row design to allow myself finger space.

I could go for black or grey, and I will probably order enough to do a controller too.

Thanks for the hard work

I think black is best choice also because it is most universal and fits any colour. I dont believe that blue knob on picture would look good with green LCD. Sometimes 2 pieces of same colour but different tone can look like don`t match at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm back from WMC, and back on this. 

I had emailed the distributor just before I left to confirm the quotation from last November is still good.  I had expected a response, and today I checked and I had got nothing, so I phoned him.  He is no longer working for the company, he said my email landed in his spam folder, but he is now forwarding it on to the right person.

I called the distributor as well and requested an updated quote from their order desk.  I'm hoping to see a response by tomorrow.  I'll keep you all informed.

By the way, we are presently at 1900 pieces, which is perfect. I'd like to close the list at this time.  So, from the Wiki page, it looks like this:

Username Quantity of knobs (50 or more)

Nebula 150

bugfight 100

Doug Wellington 100

Wilba 100

/Tilted/ 200

buhler 100

Echopraxia 100

sineSurfer 50

Sasha 150

ilmenator 100

KnowGood 100

stryd_one 200

ultra 50

Duchy 50

lukas412 100

asafnetzer 50

stevenclements 50

offe 100

nati 100

TheProf 100

Do not attempt to edit the Wiki page.  If you'd like to be added, or change your quantity, please pm me.

Hi XNDR, I have added you to my waiting list.  No money has changed hands yet.  The distributor I was dealing with just needs to get back to me with the up-to-date quote then the invoices go out.  I'll allow people a week to pay, so if there are any dropouts, you're first in line.

If anybody else would like to be on the waiting list for this otherwise closed order, please PM me.

UPDATE:

Frustrated.  Today I emailed the customer service manager for Ontario, as the person I spoke to on the phone last week promised me a refreshed quotation by yesterday.  I have still received nothing.  I will post here as this develops.

I have the quote confirmed.  The price is: $290 Canadian per thousand knobs. When we factor in tax, shipping (to me),PayPal and packaging costs, the final value is 39 cents per knob.  Canadians will pay this in Canadian funds, the rest of the world will be invoiced in US funds.

Delivery will take up to 4 weeks, and I will immediately mail them out to all who have ordered.

Shipping should be pretty inexpensive.  I am investigating this now.

If you added your name to the Wiki page, expect a PM from me shortly.  I will need a response as soon as possible or you will be left behind.

I am still accepting PMs from people who want this knob.  You'll be put on the waiting list. If there is demand for 300-400 more knobs I will order an additional thousand, so that everybody will be happy.

Canadians will pay this in Canadian funds, the rest of the world will be invoiced in US funds.

Do I qualify as an honorary Canadian because I buy a lot of genuine Canadian maple syrup, speak French and watch ice hockey?

Or do I have to be born in Canada and currently live there?

*joke* I just want to buy something with Canadian dollars instead of that pesky, fluctuating greenback.  ;D

Do I qualify as an honorary Canadian because I buy a lot of genuine Canadian maple syrup, speak French and watch ice hockey?

Or do I have to be born in Canada and currently live there?

*joke* I just want to buy something with Canadian dollars instead of that pesky, fluctuating greenback.  ;D

Depends... How many Celine Dion albums do you own?  ;D