MB-6582 panels...

Doug Wellington

OK, I added some more options to the group buy page.

You can choose whether you want the separating lines to be red or blue, plus you can now add in an order for a PT-10 case.  If you get a PT-10 case, please let me know if you want the standard PT-10 panel with the mounting holes in the corner, or whether you prefer a "Wilba" panel that has no mounting holes showing through the front panel...

So, corner holes: no, mean custom metal sheet with studs? Just to be sure.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, one more update, since things seem to be going more smoothly than I expected. :D  (Plus a couple people have already signed up for them on the wiki page, so I figured I should explain so that everyone knows what the options are...)

I have designed a series of metal and wood cases for the various projects I am working on.  (MB-808, MB-9090, Wilba's Sequencer, etc)  One of my case designs is for projects that currently use the PT-10 plastic case from Pactec - http://www.pactecenclosures.com/Plastic-Enclosures/PT-10.html  My design is a direct replacement - it uses the same top and back metal panels as the PT-10, so it is an easy upgrade.  I am making these cases from various hardwoods and since I have to machine each piece of wood anyway, it's not a big deal to use different kinds of wood, so you all won't be limited to one choice...

If you're interested in having me make one of these wooden cases to ship with your MB-6582 panels, please edit the group buy wiki page and put "wood" in the PT-10 column.  Once I get an idea of how many of you are interested, I'll be able to get a better idea of the price.  (I'm aiming for less than $50, depending upon which wood(s) you choose.)

I'll publish designs and pictures over the next week or so.

Nope... Even more a$$ end than that..... New Zealand.... :)

Hi Bleeps,

Which a$$ end country are you in? If you are referring to Australia, I saw JB Weld at a Mitre 10 hardware store in Perth a couple of days ago.

edit- Fot those who may not know, Australia's former Prime Minister Paul Keating referred to Australia as the arse end of the world.

Hey doug, i've updated the wiki, but haven't updated the total cause don't now for sure how to update the total, could you please review my addition to the wiki cause i'm not sure if you understand what i've added.

The total doesn't make very much sense when there are several case designs to choose from. I can tell it has not been updated correctly by many people (including me) anyway.

Sure, I can do white lines...  Hmm, I might even have some green ink somewhere...

Well if you have green and dont mind doing one in that then I would be stoked ! Green LEDs, green on black LCD and lines woudl look sweet.

Just let me know when you are going ahead if you are able to do the green, otherwise Im happy with white....

Thanks !

bNb

stike that actually, I think I would prefer white becuase then I can make it any other colour if I decide to :) the green will pretty much just leave me with green as an option :)

Please go to http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/dougwellington_mb6582_panels and add your name to the list so I can get an idea of how many we need to make.  Once I find out how many of you are interested, I can get a better idea of how much they will cost...

Doug

Is it that hard to read the first post of a thread people!

• 4 weeks later...