MB-6582 panels...

Doug Wellington

I'm going to start putting together a panel order for the MB-6582.  How many of you are going to want a set of panels?  Please go to http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/dougwellington_mb6582_panels and add your name to the list so I can get an idea of how many we need to make.  Once I find out how many of you are interested, I can get a better idea of how much they will cost...

Doug

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume this is for North America,  or at least result can be shipped to there (western Canada specifically, for myself).  I've added myself to the list.  :)

Oh shit i didnt think about that.

If the shipping doesnt break my back its no problem.

Will have to price this up for the UK. Any ideas how much it will  cost to get these printed? (I already have a panel). Just to be awkward, is there any chance of gettting custom colours? I understand that doing multiple colours on one panal is way out of the question, but a nice red would compliment my LCD :D

G

I won't speak for Doug but I got the impression that two colours would be easy for him to do when he emailed me and said "two colors would be easy to do"... so the design I'm using now with FPE-made panels will be quite possible (see pic) and the most likely design to use. Maybe the colour of the divider lines will be user-configurable  ;D

And yes, a nice red does compliment a red LCD and red knobs and red LEDs and...  ;D

IMG_1912_thumb.jpg

2411_IMG_1912_jpg83fbb7f808237aa8bf087b1

I won't speak for Doug but I got the impression that two colours would be easy for him to do when he emailed me and said "two colors would be easy to do"... so the design I'm using now with FPE-made panels will be quite possible (see pic) and the most likely design to use. Maybe the colour of the divider lines will be user-configurable  ;D

And yes, a nice red does compliment a red LCD and red knobs and red LEDs and...  ;D

Wilba..... That's the exact colour scheme that I was thinking about.... I think red text would be a bit much, but red divider lines would be be very nice.

I wasn't expecting two colours as I thought it would be a lot of work, but if there's a few of us then maybe it would warrent the extra screen.

Just out of interest, are these panels going to be made at the same place as last time? They were cheap and the only real problem was their screening. I know some of the holes had burrs, but this was easily resolvable using a file.

G

When we get closer to placing the order, I will shop the design around to my usual vendors, including the place they were originally done.  I do NOT plan to have them do any screening, and based upon their deburring work, I don't think I'd let them do the anodize either.  If they do get my business, I'll want to do the inspection and deburring myself before I send the panels to be anodized...

As for the silkscreen, two colors are easy to do, and I might even be willing to entertain the idea of letting each of you choose which two colors you want from the colors that I have...  ;D

Doug

I'm going to start putting together a panel order for the MB-6582.  How many of you are going to want a set of panels?  Please go to http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/dougwellington_mb6582_panels and add your name to the list so I can get an idea of how many we need to make.  Once I find out how many of you are interested, I can get a better idea of how much they will cost...

Doug

yessss... one step closer.  woot! woot!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap!!!  I LOVED that band!!!  Stanley is part of the reason I became a bass player...

oh yeah me too Doug he and Jaco made me buy a bass (or 3) and I cannot WAIT to watch them it's gonna be a blast. 

of course Jaco and Stanley the reasons I felt inferior on the bass too

Keep plucking  ;D

of course Jaco and Stanley the reasons I felt inferior on the bass too

Yeah...  :o  8)  I had a chance to see Victor Wooten close up when he gave a couple seminars at a local store.  He even went down to a local jazz spot and sat in one night.  Awesome stuff - I almost felt like throwing my basses away after that...  :D

Funny story - I won't tell the whole thing, but when I got married last time my wife got a ring and I got a 12 string bass..!