MB-6582 panels...

Doug Wellington

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry to take so long to give you guys an update - I've been finalizing the MB-808 panel set and getting ready for the third batch of MB-808 kits, plus I just placed the order for Alps motor faders and potentiometers and I'm working on the PA397 group buy...  :D

I'm going to review the quotes that I've received for the MB-6582 panels this week and see what's the best deal for us.

More soon,

Doug

• 1 month later...

Doug,

Is it too late to add my name? I went to the page but found no "edit" button to do so. if it's not too late could you please add me? i am jimh54. I need what ever nuber of panels it takes to complete 1 unit. I just got lucky and found 5 8580s.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, I've been shopping a couple panel designs around, and it's looking like I'm going to actually save money and make it cheaper for you guys by buying my own CNC mill!  (I used to work in a machine shop and program G-Code, and no, I am *not* going to buy a DIY mill kit no matter how cool it seems - I want to get real work done...)

This leads to an interesting question...  I'm going to need to buy blank panels (or cut big sheets) for the various panels.  Now, if you all want to use the PT-10 cases for various projects, they are going to come with the panels, so you could either buy the PT-10 yourself and send the panels to me for machining, or I can buy a bunch of the PT-10 cases, machine the panels, and send the whole thing to you.  If I buy at least 100, and maybe even 250 at a time, I'll get a better deal, and I can pass that savings on to all you MIDIbox folk.

What do you think?

P.S. Stay tuned for my wooden replacement for the PT-10...

One thing to note: the top panel that come with the PT-10 has screw holes in the corners, the screws that come with the PT-10 are pathetic and I've had several stripped while trying to remove the top panel from the case, such that I now have two PT-10 cases that I can't remove the panel without attempting some kind of drilling out of the screw or Dremel work behind.

So... if you reuse these panels, consider this :-)

Also consider you will need to replace the screw with an M3 countersunk that will go through the mounts on the case and through the PCB as well. The screws that come with the PT-10 are neither M3 nor long enough.

I like this idea.

Ditto. Sounds great to me, too.

Is it possible to add a couple extra PT-10's to an order, but not have the panels machined by you? Please let me know if I am out of line in this request. The reason I ask, is that I need a couple of PT-10's for other projects; I was going to buy all cases locally, for a pretty high price, just to avoid the shipping. I know this wasn't intended as a PT-10 group buy, and you are already doing us all a favour, and I will understand if this is asking too much, but thought it worth asking anyway.

Cheers dude

I like your idea, Doug. I own the case, so I would ship my panels to you for the work. So, what else is included other than drilling the holes and cutting the text and lines? Would they be painted - or should we make plans to paint after receiving them back from you?