MB-6582 panels...

Doug Wellington

same, but finally done it locally - w/o silkscreening (which will follow shortly  8) ).

dsc2400netpt2.jpg

dsc2403netej1.jpg

next, is anodizing (cost currently unknown) for one and color paintning (in a heat stove? may be not) for second.

After that, screening.

up to now, it cost me $25 for a set + raw material fee.

list updated - name removed.

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12575.0.html

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kartoshka,

wow, that was cheap! It's costing me a LOT more to have Schaeffer do it. Having said that, they are doing engraving too.

I've actually got some sheets of Lazertran here, so what I should have done is just had the holes cut in the panels and done the legending myself. Not sure how black the black would be that way, though...

a|x

Yeah, I'm aiming for that price range myself.  I'm in the process of rearranging the shop for the new mill, the press and the big compressor that I need to power the press.  As soon as that's done, I'll start cranking out panels.  I'll do the machining, stud/standoff insertion and silkscreening myself, but I have to contract out the anodizing.

FWIW, I have now invested in the Pantone color system, so I'll be able to mix custom silkscreen colors!

Yeah, I'm aiming for that price range myself.  I'm in the process of rearranging the shop for the new mill, the press and the big compressor that I need to power the press.  As soon as that's done, I'll start cranking out panels.  I'll do the machining, stud/standoff insertion and silkscreening myself, but I have to contract out the anodizing.

FWIW, I have now invested in the Pantone color system, so I'll be able to mix custom silkscreen colors!

Good to hear there is progress behind the silence.

Keep it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hmmm... hopefully this project isn't dead??!?

Doug is better now, but he has to sort out the MB808 stuff first. This is a quote from the MB808 forum from Apr 07

OK guys, looks like I'm finally good to go. I'm back at work, and I even signed into the MIDIbox chat yesterday. 

I have a bunch of PM's both here and at the MB forums, so it'll take me a couple days to catch up. I've received a bunch of boxes of parts over the last few weeks, so I have to sort through them and find out where everything is. I also upgraded my web hosting, and it turned out that all my databases had to be deleted and recreated, so I'm scrambling to get everything back online. On top of that, my 50th birthday was this last weekend, so I had two parties, one with friends Saturday night and one with family on Sunday. It's good to be alive!

P.S. Let me catch up a bit, then we'll try to figure a time for the WilbaSEQ and the PT-10 cases...

I think the panel order will happen eventually. If you are impatient and have too much money, do like me and order the panels from Schaeffer.

Haha too much money... i can't imagine this will ever happen to me... furthermore i just booked a flight to mexico (from germany) and need equipment to work on a volcano - never enough money :) But thanks for your fast reply!

Cheers,

Johannes

The MB-Volcanonator?

• 1 month later...

here's doug's post from eight-oh-eight forum on june-01:

---------------------

Hiya everybody,

I don't know how far the word spread, but I've been mostly out of circulation for the last five months or so. That really sucks, because all my projects have been on hold, and I know a lot of people have been waiting on me for parts, panels, kits, and who knows what else...

Interestingly, I'm now healthy enough to donate a second batch of bone marrow for the leukemia patient I matched. (I think he and I have saved each other - I wasn't aware of my own health problems until I went in for the pre-donation physical.) Anyway, I'll be at St. Joseph's hospital over in Orange County, CA, USA, on June 8th for the donation. If anyone is in the area, come on over and visit! (PM me for my cell number.)

Anyway, once I get back from that, we're really gonna start cranking on the third batch of kits. It'll be nice to get these boxes of parts out of my living room!!! I'm setting up a shopping cart on the MIDIboxAddict web site, so you'll be able to buy switches, potentiometers, and when we're ready, the kits. I'll post here when it's up and running...

I'll get to the backlog of PM's this week too...!

--------------------------------

and then on june-11

The donation happened Monday. I was connected to the apheresis machine for about six and a half hours, and they collected 400 ml of stem cells and 100 ml of plasma. I'm almost recovered from everything, and I even went to work yesterday for a little while.

Next up: finishing prototypes!

:-)

so please keep on patience peoples,

No hurry... soon, all soon.

Kart