is it just me, or is the FORUM going OFFLINE alot ?

Artesia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been able to get on here 3-4 times in the past week. same here. lots of out of memory and fatal errors, with varying error messages. Seems like the most times I'm successful is in the early mornings and evenings. :-\

Slowdowns and even complete dropouts have been occurring ever since the switch to the new host.

It started out as the occasional laggy period, but has been getting progressively worse. The whole midibox.org site becomes unavailable, and the various error messages seem to be indicating that the host is overloaded. Once I was sure that it was not just me, and that it was not a temporary issue, I started to collect any error messages I received, so I could PM them to Twinny - but that's not many, because usually it just times out.

Here are the two messages (yes, only two, sorry :( ) I've grabbed so far, with the URL I was attempting to load, then the date and time (Melbourne Time - that's Aus. Eastern Daylight Time):

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,11102.msg86645/topicseen.html#new

270308 1717

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

280308 0100

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/midibox/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 267

Messages like the last one seem to be most common, but they always fail in a different line of code, so no particular page or code seems to be causing the problem - it's just that the line shown is where the server simply lacked the resources to perform the task.

I'm guessing that Twin-X is already aware of these problems, but if you'd like to help, I would suggest taking down as much detail as you can, and storing it somewhere in case he needs it (he may ask for the errors to be posted here, I don't know)

@Twinny: Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help :)

@Twinny: Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help :)

Keep still and let me do the worrying!

Did some optimizations.

This vps is unmanaged so i have to do everything myself.

Seems like i got it fixed for now.

Fingers crossed.

Sorry i could not fix it sooner. I had too many private issues on my hand the last days. (nothing to worry about for you guys.)

Thank you so much Twin-X, we cant live without my newspaper  ;D  ;D

I knew it!... It has nothing to do with the server. Twinny does that from time to time out of purpos.

It's THE ADDICTION TEST. Everbody who was answering in this thread shows strong addiction to the MidiBox-drug and will get an automatic generated PM with information about this drug and warnings about possible bad consequences for your love-live and other relationships (... loosing friends...)

;D

I knew it!... It has nothing to do with the server. Twinny does that from time to time out of purpos.

It's THE ADDICTION TEST. Everbody who was answering in this thread shows strong addiction to the MidiBox-drug and will get an automatic generated PM with information about this drug and warnings about possible bad consequences for your love-live and other relationships (... loosing friends...)

;D

OOOPS you got me there.

I didn't want to be responcible. Alot of these WOW players throw themselfs of buildings and so. Would be a waste if you guys do this. Because alot of knowledge would be lost :D

Damn Twinny what'd you do to it?! :D It's not just fixed, it's faster than ever!

Cpanel updated their software today for vps optimization :D :D :D

That did the trick. And it happend to be released on my birthday.

Even so i increased ram with 256MB. We should be covered now!

Yoh Twin-X, just for notification.....

the Server was still hanging for 15 minutes at 11.00 - 11.15 pm....also the chat, all ppl got flushed when I joined, evil karma  ;D  ;D

EDIT : maybe this will help  8)

format www: /s

sweeeet ...yeah the forums working better than ever now 

Do you think so?

I think, the problem (or another?) still exists.

Sometimes it's getting so slow, that I can smoke a marlboro and drink a coffee between two pages of the forum. 8)

greets

Doc