Scratch wheel

rasteri

Bad question -> bad answer.

1) The code was written for the 18F4620 but I've run it on an 18F452, I am guessing any of the pics that are supported by MIOS will work.

2) If you buy from Smash or Mike is up to you. Smash sells double sided pro-grade PCBs with silkscreen, mount holes, while Mike sells home-etched single-sided PCBs without silkscreen. It's up to you which you prefer.

3) The other parts you'll need are documented here: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/scratchcontroller#how_to_build

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I'm not really using midibox anymore. Just a quick update though, I figure ya'll might be interested.

The standalone scratch code has been ported to the dsPIC, largely because I was attracted to its DSP instructions and builtin audio DAC. I'm now beginning to regret this decision, partly due to the proprietary toolchain, but mostly because none of the models with a DAC have USB support :/

I guess I'm either gunna port the code to MIOS32, or move to another PIC (24f series perhaps?) and use an external DAC (the TI PCM1770 looks rather tasty, for example).

Are presoldered STM32 boards available yet? I guess that might sway my decision...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Great job !

Anyone have a video of this controller please ?

Did you think that is possible to hack an optical mouse (or laser mouse) to make a jog whell ? (like

or this)

There is few years I've made a same concept (with a mouse on the top of my turntable). It work great but there is some drawbacks, we can't have 2 turntable and it's not practice :(

So did you think that's possible to use only the optical or laser part of a mouse to build a same system that the numark ns7 for exemple ?

Thank's

• 9 years later...