Encoder + value scaling ?

dstamand

Hey!

The device to be controlled requires that the encoders send MIDI CC greater than 64 and value of 63 or less. Also, faster the encoder spins rotates, greater the numbers or lower the numbers.

Ex:

63 63 63 63 (spining rotates faster here) 62 (spining rotates faster here)61 (spining rotates faster here)60 etc...

Same thing for 64 64 66 67...

I understand the C sdcc_skeleton_v1_9c, i got my encoder sending relative or absolute value but i have no idea how to make it like the way i want.

Anyone here has an idea ?

Ps.

This is the i can explain my request (language barrier)

Thanks!

63 63 63 63 (spining rotates faster here) 62 (spining rotates faster here)61 (spining rotates faster here)60 etc...

So, no matter what, the encoder is spinning faster? heheh

What we really need to know is what the device needs to receive. Can you tell us a bit more?

So, no matter what, the encoder is spinning faster? heheh

What we really need to know is what the device needs to receive. Can you tell us a bit more?

It's not really a device but a DJ software. M-Audio Torq DJ software.

I sold my Xponent since but last summer, i used midiox and grab the live midi cc event sent by the Xponent jogwheels from the midi port.

You say relative CC like it means something universally, but it doesn't - MIDI CC messages are absolute. Always.

However - If your host utilises the absolute values as an offset, then it has the effect of relative mode.... but every host can implement that differently.

it isn't standard

Yeh, that's why I keep asking these guys how their host expects it to be sent ... and why I say that it shouldn't be referred to with one universal name like "relative midi", and expect that to be the only specification given ;)

It should be something like this : "40 +/- speed & +/- incremental(value)"

Now that I see this again after seeing TK's code... Go read TK's post at the other thread, see his example... is this what you mean?

If so, don't forget the "& 0x7f", or you may accidentally send a status byte if your incrementer is extremely high (shouldn't happen, but....)