Any interest in ALBS jog shuttles? (- CLOSED -)

smaudio

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I don't think I'll make another order for these shuttles as I've now got enough of them (!) but I would encourage someone else to do it as the overall process went really smoothly for me..

However, I'm thinking of asking for a quote for the albs knobs DK16-185.

I'll open up another post for those ones if the quote sounds ok  :)

sm

well, can we determine who should do the order then?  i think we could get 16 without much problem.  i would take 4 of them.  i'm wondering if it would be best for someone in europe to handle the order, or is albs pretty fair with shipping to the united states?  if that's the case, i'll gladly do the group buy.

Well I am living in Europe actually, France. Problem is I never had the chance to do a group buy and I am totally clueless about how to do it properly. And I do not speak a word of German :).

Edit: Never mind, I just noticed that albs.de provides a neat feature called "Change language to" which makes me understand German like never before. :D

this would be a pretty easy first group buy.  just start a new thread in the bulk orders category.  i don't think too many will order them so it won't be too much work sending these out.

give a deadline, maybe a week or two.  i'm personally not in any hurry but i don't know if anybody else is.

give price and payment details.  hopefully we'll pay via paypal.  state that we pay our own shipping and add a bit of money to the cost for bubble envelopes.  in the end you shouldn't have to pay anything over the cost of your own knobs so make sure you know the prices.  also, people generally have no problem paying for them before they are ordered so you don't have to front your own money.

you could put a group buy list up on the wiki, but as i said i don't think a lot of people will be ordering so it's probably easier just to keep it in the thread.

ask for help if needed.

think you'll do this? it would be much appreciated!

ultra

I would volunteer to do this but I just don't want the confusion while I'm trying to do the Re'an stuff.  I'd be willing to pay a little extra if that's what it takes to be handled from North America.

If nobody takes this on within a few weeks, I will, simply because I need some of these.

You'll need to send them an email asking them for a quote on the shuttle knobs: #866003 DK38-144 A.6 and how many you'd like to order. Once you're ready to order you'll have to ring them up to pay by credit or debit card (you can't do it on line) but they speak english no problem and they're really friendly and helpful so there shouldn't be any probs at all.  :)

Unless you can make it a business transaction, you'll probably need to pay german VAT (19%) and the shipping costs, which aren't that big but you should just take these things into account in your calculations  ;)