MOS 6581R4AR SIDs for sale

LSD-25

Hello.

I've got over 500pcs new MOS 6581R4AR (Advanced Resonance) SIDs for sale.

This is this same SID relase like used in famous Elektron SidStations.

My price is 15$ +sending.

Polish Post online sending cost calcultor is http://poczta.lublin.pl/eng/index.php

Payment by PayPal or SWIFT (international bank money transfer).

Contact via skype (chat mode) Sobotkowski  from 17-23 (my time is GMT+1)

Greetz.

Simon

sids_thumb.JPG

sids.JPG

I've got olny MIDIBOX V1 (based on one 6581) and testing them all seems to me is quite impossible - but I can check few of them all to say sth about it's sound quality.

Price is in USD but can be in Euro or Polish zloty - depends from Yours decision. Recalculating: $15 ~ 10Eur = 38PLN

I've got olny MIDIBOX V1 (based on one 6581) and testing them all seems to me is quite impossible - but I can check few of them all to say sth about it's sound quality.

It's not impossible. I've just finished testing/selling 500 SIDs, and tested/sold 1500 SIDs before that.

You must test them first, because a lot of 6581 SIDs have filters and/or oscillators that do not work.

It is not fair to sell chips that might have a 50% failure rate, as was recently discovered with another 6581 sale.

Maybe they are all good, maybe not. You will not know until you test them, and you cannot expect people not to complain if they pay for broken SIDs.

I even have a testing rig I can send to you, with a ZIF socket attached to an IC socket that can plug into your MB-SID. I don't use it anymore, since I built the QuadZIF. I'll send you it for free, if you promise to test every SID you sell, and make sure everyone is getting a fully working SID. I want a few myself! I'd like to know what all the fuss is about... (I sell and use only 6582 SIDs).

Hello.

I've got over 500pcs new MOS 6581R4AR (Advanced Resonance) SIDs for sale.

over 500pcs??? hmmmm...  i hate to be that guy but, i've heard way too many stories lately about so called "new R4's."  i'd need some serious proof that 1. these exist, 2. they're authentic, and 3. that they actually are 100% functioning.  i would also like to see some sort of feedback...  i don't mean to be rude or antagonistic but you can never be TOO safe these days.  i'd buy quite a few from you but i just don't see this panning out so well... :-X

[edit] here are some links to prove my point:  http://kevtris.org/Projects/sid/remarked_sids.html

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.cbm/browse_thread/thread/42363319366ed773/6e55d79ca6162a96lnk=gst&q=sid+fraud#6e55d79ca6162a96

hmmm that image looks like they might be relabeled to me (the text looks too white, pin 1 orientation is not the same).  before this becomes an incident of some kind, and with you being so new to the forum, may i suggest that you send some samples to someone with a good reputation here (seppoman, nILS, Wilba...), who can verify the quality?  maybe 10 or so, to be paid for after testing, or returned...

I second bugfight's notion. The text is pretty white and that's usually the case with relabeled SIDs. The labeling is the exact same that's been on SIDs sold here before and turned out to be... well let's just say not too high quality.

Bugfight's idea sounds pretty good to me, too. I'd volunteer for testing the SIDs (which I would buy afterwards if they're good) in my mbSIDs, if that's what needs to be done.

hmmm that image looks like they might be relabeled to me (the text looks too white, pin 1 orientation is not the same).

You could try a bit of alcohol to see if the paint goes off, I have done this with some chips that I bought on ebay a while ago,

if they are relabeled it would take off the new layer of paint.

Did someone can tell me how can I test SIDs in my MIDIBOX ? How procedure looks ? Please be so kind and describe me point by pint :] Thanks

Step one: Know what it should sound like.

Step two: See if it does.

Maybe you should consider sending the SIDs to a trusted forum member to do the testing for you? Of course you'd have to make it worth their while, but it seems like you're not going to be able to do it yourself.

I think we need to be careful of jumping on the bandwagon a bit here, before we have any further details.

My gut instinct is that they are genuine NOS chips, they certainly don't look like they're faked. ( http://kevtris.org/Projects/sid/remarked_sids.html ).

However, I stand by my original position. If they're not tested, i'm not interested.

i didn't mean to cause dissension among the ranks... i am completely interested in these chips but i just wanted everyone to be cautious before they all jumped on these...  that was definitely my first inclination, "quick!  gotta get some!!"  anyhow, good luck with the testing LSD-25.  we are all here to help if you need it. ;D

SIDs tested and ready for sale :)

I've tested over ~100SIDs using Roland MC-307 connected via MIDI and audio to my MIDIBOX V1 and then to my PC with RME HDSP9632 with spectrum analyzer. Each SID must pass test with full audio spectrum. Finally 32 passed exam !!!

Rest from 500 SIDs I've sell as quick as it's possible at electronic openair market cause of it's look - all was remarked / repainted to 2282 and 0186/14 series. But don't be affraid I'll have soon few (~30 or more) true unmarked / unpainted 8580R5 ! If anyone wants to buy this 6581s please for PM.

Simon