My MBFM

selfservice

Hahahahah I was sitting there waiting for that massive image to load from that very slow server, looking at your tiles, wondering why you didn't crop it.... Then I figured that it was because you wanted to show us that pubic hair in the top corner ;D

Pretty precise drilling for a DIY job, good one!

When i drill....well....it looks kinda messed up.

Hot tips:

measure three times, drill once

clamp everything FIRMLY

Use a drill press

centre tap thoroughly, and consider starting the hole with a super high speed drill with a tiny bit in it - less friction means better accuracy. The big bit will follow the hole after that.

Personally, I first punch it with a sewing needle, then a centre punch, a dremel bit, then a full size drill bit. With the drills, get the highest rotation speed possible, and slide the bit in and out s l o w l y .

Keep i mind, that furniture and cabinet makers must drill their holes to very fine accuracy, so it is possible to do it :)

HTH!

If any of you guys end up doing an etched panel, you can print little dots on your layout that end up working perfectly as pilot/starter holes. I did that on my last one and it made things a lot easier. I've got a benchtop Delta drill press and still usually screw up all my holes. ;D