Midio 128 -Thanks .. but help !

Davidmarks

Having decided to build a Midi controlled street/fairground organ I studied Thorsten’s fantastic web page with great interest. After much deliberation as to whether or not my ancient brain was up to building and running Midio 128 I took the plunge. Ordered the pcb’s from Mike (brilliant service) soldered them up, programmed the PIC, fired it all up, fed it with Cubase and to my amazed delight it seems to be working OK.  Now comes the problem… I have 64 LED’s connected up to two output X4 modules and they are responding to notes from C2 upwards. But how do I get the notes below C2 ?

I suspect it has something to do with the ini file but I can’t find an ini file. I notice in the source code which Thorsten kindly sent me that there is a file called presets which contains some likely looking tables !

Forgive the dumb questions (my brain, like the rest of me is ancient!) but any pointers as to the general direction I should be heading (other than the window ledge of a tall building) would be appreciated. But thanks again to Thorsten for a brilliant web site.

David Marks

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I am interested in a similar project. I have not made the MIDIO28 yet, but looking at the software in the folder mk_midio128_syx, then the folder samples you will find the midio128.ini (and a relay.ini that shows changes that can be made to the midio128.ini to drive relays). This should be the place to make the changes and then use mk_midio128_syx.pl to build the sysex file to be loaded into the MBHP Core.

Later,

Mickey

(Slightly off topic) David have you seen the Mechanical Music Digest at http://mmd.foxtail.com ? They have quite a bit of discussion of band organs/street organs/fairground organs and most other mechanical music equipment. If you would like to discuss this off list, my email is msadler@netset.com.

Later,

Mickey