GM5: Least-cost USB-MIDI Interface Chip for 4.50 EUR

TK.

This thread is about continuously running bulk orders for the "GM5" chip - this is an Atmel AVR based USB chip with preburned USB-MIDI firmware (out-of-the-box solution)

This product has been developed by http://www.ploytec.de

Schematic/PCB Layout: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_usb_gm5.html

Unbeatable prices:

4.50 EUR per unit for a batch of 250 chips

3.50 EUR per unit for a batch of 1000 chips

Minimum order quantity: n x 250

The compact PCB can be ordered as well:

3.00 EUR per piece for a batch of 100 PCBs

Minimum order quantity: n x 100

The chip will work under Windows/MacOS/Linux with the common USB-MIDI-Driver, but there is also a custom driver for Windows available for better performance (a drawback of the current MBHP_USB* modules)

Per chip you will get 5 physical MIDI IOs (means: 0.90 EUR per IO port - compare this with commercial interfaces! :)). The dedicated Windows driver makes it multi-client capable. Under MacOS the interface is multi-client capable by default.

Package: TQFP32 (SMD, but can be soldered with a good soldering iron similar to AN2131SC (-> MBHP_USB))

So, please add your name and the quantity of chips to this list

-> http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/tk_gm5_bulkorder

First come, first serve! We need n x 250 chips, if more than 250, but less than 500 chips are preordered, you need to wait for the next run

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This hasn't been discussed yet. I don't know how customs are handled in the US, but if it is similar to Europe (no customs have to be paid so long the costs are below a certain limit) it will be favourable to distribute the chips to individual people from Europe.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

if you decide it's easier to send one shipment into the states and need them sent out from there, i (and i'm sure plenty of others) would be willing to help.

Great offer.

And p.s. we are currently on 125 chips.

I do not think i need 10 but hey these things are very cheap.

I do not think i need 10 but hey these things are very cheap.

Thats what I am thinking too and... after the learning curve is over for the smd soldering I might have 1 or 2 that actually work.

If Tk is offering it and the likes of stryd, sasha, jimp... errr nevermind.... are buying... I am in too ;)

the smt soldering should be the last reason anybody avoids this order! it's really not hard at all. I did some this year in school and all it took was some patience and a flux pen. I actually preferred a screwdriver tip because I could solder a few pins at a time. thanks for this group buy tk.  it showed up at just the right time.

I just threw 4 more on there. (mainly to help out :))

Let us know what it looks like on the US orders. A currency conversion online show the chips at around $5.40 here (if that's right).

George

PS- Also, can PayPal or whatever as soon as you need it.

Man - I love this community. I just added a "total" column to the table without any explanation and everybody actually updated it every time. I'm impressed ;D

the funny thing is that yesterday i actually tried to find any automatic tool for doing this - like in excell - but it was quite late at night and i just gave up without adding anything.... but simple tool is definitely better than nothing, Nils! thanks man. :-*