GM5: Least-cost USB-MIDI Interface Chip for 4.50 EUR

TK.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gerrit you are correct, someone has edited their order (actually, it seems a few people did) and pushed a few people off the first batch.

This is not cool, people. You're taking chips away from someone else because you planned poorly. That's rude and selfish. I'm looking at you, Edis.

Gerrit please go through the past revisions, find the people who have edited their order to push you off the list (with turuloid and chazworth and maybe others), and move their additions into the second batch of 250. You should end up where you were before. Let me know (in a PM or in the chat room) if you need any help.

Gerrit please go through the past revisions, find the people who have edited their order to push you off the list (with turuloid and chazworth and maybe others), and move their additions into the second batch of 250. You should end up where you were before.

I can find the one change from "Edis", but we can only go back to the "external edit" from 127.0.0.1 on Oct. 20th.

Is more history reproducable?

1 Australian Dollar = 0.516375 Euros

About the same thing here,  :-[

$15 for a chip and no PCBs to Canada. Add $7 for each chips.

I won't order I guess, to build two interfaces I'd need two chips and PCBs shipped ($33) + parts ($15) + boxes ($10) + jacks ($12) + shipping for parts ($25), I'd rather solder the MIDI in and out pins in my laptop's sound chipset and just buy a commercial USB interface for my other computer.

1/2 Channels??? You should see 5 MIDI IO Ports if J1/J2/J3 are connected to ground (default)

If you only see a single MIDI IO Port regardless of the J1/J2/J3 selection, check that Pin #25 is properly connected to ground. If you are unsure, solder Pin #25, and #5/#6/#7 again

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1/2 Channels??? You should see 5 MIDI IO Ports if J1/J2/J3 are connected to ground (default)

If you only see a single MIDI IO Port regardless of the J1/J2/J3 selection, check that Pin #25 is properly connected to ground. If you are unsure, solder Pin #25, and #5/#6/#7 again

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi Thorsten

i have the jumpers set to 2 I/Os

i rechecked all those pins and they all go to GND.

driver is recognized as supposed in the Audio-Midi setup (OSX)

Simone

EDIT: i didn t have time to check it out but i had a revelation: 0 stands for connected to GND. :-[