Bassline Demo #4: I <3 SSM

TK.

Seppoman asked me for a SSM2044 demo, so here it is:

-> http://www.ucapps.de/mp3/midibox_sid/mbsidv2_bassline_demo4.mp3

This is the first jam session I recorded with Logic8 - not everything is under my control yet (especially the distortions ;))

I especially love the part, where the SSM filter is routed through a guitar amp Fx. It starts at 1:39 :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I just bought a thousand SSM2044 filter chips... if anyone wants one, send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay. Eternal happiness is just a dollar away.

for the humour impaired, that's a joke

so my guess it's time to organize bulk order of ssm2044 chips in multiplies by 2.... boards soon as usual  8)

Has anyone got a lead on a supplier for SSM2044? These chips go for about $6 ($7 w shipping) on ebay. Not too bad, really, but I guess a bulk order from a larger quantity supplier could be better.

The guy I did the x0xb0x rare parts from usually has some.

Once I'm a little more sorted, (and the broadband now seems to be OK at least), I'll ask.

Please do, Prof... The item is hot!

@TK: great composition, i like the screaming and groovy sid lines much!

please make it longer, and released in mp3 as full track!  ;)

Currently I'm overworking the PCB a bit e.g. to give the capacitors more room. There'll probably be a bulk order for the PCBs "soon". Having seen what happens with bulk orders nowadays, I should probably point out: I am giving no definite date when this will happen, an NOT taking any orders so far and it definitely makes NO sense to post any "I want two" stuff to this thread  ;D

S

Maybe I'm missing something...would one need to buy an AOUT_NG board as well?

Not necessarily an AOUT_NG, but of course you need some AOUT to control the filter :). You could also use two (!) AOUT_LCs or the "old" AOUT (but in this case you'll need to add the bipolar option at least onto two of the channels). If you don't have any AOUT yet, the NG is well suited for the purpose and has probably the best price/performance ratio :)

S