Pistons & Tabs Thread?

Arnak

Hi Folks,

I heard mentioned that there is an on going thread dealing with the problems of setting combination pistons, tabs and Led's when using a midibox?

Can someone point me to the thread please as I have spend a lot of time looking but can't seem to find it. ???

Arnak

Hi,

Well that was very helpful, thanks very much >:(

I did say in my first post that I had already tried to search, for over an hour and read every thread and every page relating to that piston search but I couldn't find where it was :(

So perhaps some one else could point me in the right direction please?

I will be searching yet again!

Arnak

Well that was very helpful, thanks very much >:(

I did say in my first post that I had already tried to search, for over an hour and read every thread and every page relating to that piston search but I couldn't find where it was :(

Actually you said you spent "a lot of time looking" and that isn't necessarily the same as using the search tools.

I think the discussion you are referring to is in the Miditzer Forum. There is a long rambling thread about ways of building a stop rail in the MIDI Electronics area. The discussion of toggle switches in MIDIIO128 and tracking the state of the combination memory starts here:

www.jbwebserver.net/mforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=718&KW=toggle&PN=7

As far as I know, the modifications to MIDIIO128 that would be necessary to make the toggle input memory respond to external changes in the switch state caused by MIDI In messages that change the state of the DOUT LED indication that tracks the toggle in state have never been discussed in meaningful detail anywhere.

For the lurkers, the Miditzer is a free software program that emulates a Wurlitzer theatre pipe organ. Many Miditzer users build consoles for their virtual theatre organ using the MidiBox. So there is a lively discussion of Midification issues that are specific to organs in the Miditzer Forum. If you are midifying an organ console, you might find some useful information in the Miditzer Forum even if you aren't using the Miditzer.

Hi Jim,

Yes that was my bad, I got onto the wrong forum. :o

But to be fair I always use the search function first, I never just jump in without searching high and low as I to see too many folk with simple questions on various forums that can be answered using the search.

To quote myself in my second post :-"relating to that piston search"

Arnak