group buy for ultracore (core + 4x IIC + 8 banksticks)

ultra

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

xarolium,

i have plans to do another run later in the year when wilba starts his sequencer kit group buy.  as of right now, there hasn't been enough interest in more pcbs for me to do another run, and i'd prefer to wait anyway.

it seems you're the only one who didn't receive their pcbs.  i hate that it happened but this is why i stated that i can't guarantee delivery on the group buy page.  i was very careful to make sure i mailed them all out.

i'm out of ultracore pcbs.  next time i will order some extra in case this happens again, but for now you could contact doug wellington and ask if you can get one from him.  he mentioned to me in the chat he was willing to help out with this.  you can get the second one from me when i do the next group buy and i'll send it at no charge.  does this sound like a good compromise?

ultra

Some times the post is pretty silly.  TheProf sent me two packages of Cybikos - one arrived three weeks ago, and one arrived two days ago!  And they both had the same date on the postage mark.

At least the post doesn't handle packages as roughly as UPS does...

(EDIT: I'll send a pcb to Vincent when I get his address.)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm quite sure this question has been already answered but i couln't find the answer...

>>>>PIC ID HEADER for ultracore?

i saw this table, but not solved, if i need to mark it as 'Redirect MIDI Out stream to MBHP_IIC_MIDI', or leave the header untouched, or other.

edit: Character display, hmmm.... for use along mb6582 and other Roland grooveboxes/synths, x0x, etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

i do plan on doing another ultracore group buy and i suppose i should post it pretty soon.  i want to support wilba's group buy and have pcbs available to anybody building his seq.  i was waiting to see how long it takes for core v4 to arrive, because then my pcb wouldn't be necessary.  but it looks like it'll be a while.

so yes i'll post a new thread soon with details on how to order.

ultra

hey,

i'm going to hold off on a group buy until we have a better idea of when core4, seq4, and wilba's pcbs will be available.  if core4 and seq4 are available soon, then there's not much need for it.  when it becomes close to the time that wilba can ship his kits, i'll see where we are then.  i don't want to put pcbs out there that will just be replaced right away.

ultra

hey,

i'm going to hold off on a group buy until we have a better idea of when core4, seq4, and wilba's pcbs will be available.  if core4 and seq4 are available soon, then there's not much need for it.  when it becomes close to the time that wilba can ship his kits, i'll see where we are then.  i don't want to put pcbs out there that will just be replaced right away.

ultra

Any ideas if the 32bit core could somehow be made to fit in to a ultracore? (I'm not thinking gaffer tape :D)

Any ideas if the 32bit core could somehow be made to fit in to a ultracore? (I'm not thinking gaffer tape :D)

Just like computers: if you have a need or a use for one, buy it.  Don't wait for next year's model, and don't be disappointed when something comes out a few months later that is better than what you bought.  That is inevitable.

If you use DIP sockets in an Ultracore, the expensive components (EEPROMs, PICs) become reusable. So, even if your Ultracore is somehow obsolete in a year (not gonna happen), you're only out the cost of the PCB and a few passive components.  Somehow I can't see it becoming obsolete in a community that makes music with SID, POKEY, AY8912 and OPL3!  Besides, it is still a functioning Core module with banksticks right on the board and improved LCD pinning.

Ultracore would still be a bargain even if TK released an ARM version of SEQ tomorrow.