SmashTV leds in MB6582

cimo

Hi!

No I didn't use them.

But the datasheet of my LC Display (crystalfontz) provides the exact wavelenght of the backlight LEDs; value is nm (nanometers).

It happens that RS-components also provides the wavelength of the LEDs they sell.

So it's pretty easy to match them, within a range of, let's say, 3-5nm.

I think this effort really pays of, since you maybe will only build one MB6582.

Cheers

Michael

Hi!

No I didn't use them.

But the datasheet of my LC Display (crystalfontz) provides the exact wavelenght of the backlight LEDs; value is nm (nanometers).

It happens that RS-components also provides the wavelength of the LEDs they sell.

So it's pretty easy to match them, within a range of, let's say, 3-5nm.

I think this effort really pays of, since you maybe will only build one MB6582.

Cheers

Michael

uh oh! i never thought about trying to match the wavelenght of the display, nice idea though, my matter was just about brightness and i am using a pled display.

txx lukas it seems like 1k is ok

Simone

1K should be fine. I used 1K for SmashTV's red LEDs (in my latest MB-6582). I used 1K in a "test build" MB-6582 which used SmashTV's yellow LEDs, also fine. I was considering building another one with green LEDs, and thanks to Luke's pic, I'm now definite about it. (I'll also try tinting the white ALBS knobs so they're a matching green).

BTW anyone who finishes an MB-6582 without at least sending me a picture is being very rude...  >:(

No MB-SEQ CS PCB for you! Come back one year!

;D

Hey Wilba, I was waiting until I get the fan for the back until I sent out "official" pics. You can check out some more pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26368076@N07/

Thanks again for all the hard work that has gone into this great project. The green smash led's with 1k resistors match the brightness of my lcd almost perfectly. Like they were made for each other.

If I can offer one suggestion for everyone building this, be very very careful and take extra time and effort when making your ribbon cable to connect the two pcbs. This is where I made my biggest screw up. Unless you do a great job on this part it will cause you much pain in the future. Remember every time you open up the case, and that will be often, you are stressing these connections. I ended up having to completely redo mine, and I almost ruined the pcbs. Besides this it could not have went smoother.

Luke