S: 28 spare 6582A SIDs (from MEGA-SALE #5)

Wilba

Due to cancelled orders, I have 28 spare 6582A SIDs, fully tested and packed in sets of four, ready for immediate shipping.

I am leaving tomorrow on a trip to Europe for three weeks, so these are on offer only for people able to make immediate PayPal payment, not PayPal payment via bank transfer when your girlfriend's grandmonther's pension is paid next month. Additionally, if you plan to post in this thread that you want SIDs and then go offline for two months and not reply to PMs or emails, then this sale is not for you. I want to sell these SIDs to keen, fast-acting, always-online MIDIbox SID builders who want SIDs now.

So, if you are one of those keen, fast-acting, always-online MIDIbox SID builders who want SIDs now, the price is immediate payment of AU$25 each plus PayPal transaction fees (add 3.5%) and I will post it for free.

They are only available in sets of four, but anyone can buy as many sets as they want. If you want to split a set with other people in your country afterwards, that's fine with me.

Place your order in this thread until there exists a combination of orders that totals 28 exactly.

I will PM people once this happens, asking for a PayPal email address and postage details. You will then be sent a PayPal invoice, and after payment received, I will then post the SIDs either before I leave or from Europe sometime in the next week. Obviously I'm preferring immediate payment but due to time differences and being very busy getting ready to leave, posting them before I leave might not be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm impressed he got through airport security without any problems. I can't remember where I read (Hackaday I think) but airport security can have issues with you travelling with "custom" electronics devices as well as IC's, etc.

G

They pass electronics through the scanners separately and scan them defferently, looking for explosives, so you're pretty much OK.... But if you're an activist type rocking camo clothes and a bushy terr'ist beard, you're gonna get a hard time. In my case, they made me hand over the gear to be specially scanned by the feds and registered and stored separately to the rest of the cargo. Oh and I got a frisking.

They pass electronics through the scanners separately and scan them defferently, looking for explosives, so you're pretty much OK.... But if you're an activist type rocking camo clothes and a bushy terr'ist beard, you're gonna get a hard time. In my case, they made me hand over the gear to be specially scanned by the feds and registered and stored separately to the rest of the cargo. Oh and I got a frisking.

LOL, so that equates to them being a bit more careful with your luggage, putting it somewhere a bit safer than the hold and you get groped in the process, doesn't sound to bad to me  ;D

It's not so bad if you're into having your balls in a fed's hand.

Oops I left my politic switch in the ON position....deleted.

Ontopic, I wanted to take it as hand luggage, and they wouldn't let me, so I was not happy with the handling, although yes, it's better than standard luggage. I always take the good stuff on as hand luggage (carry-on), since my ex told me the story of when she was forced to allow luggage to be put in the cargo hold...... she watched her crate of rare vinyl from the airplane window being thrown into the hold, after sitting in the rain for 10 minutes.

FYI the MB-6582 went in checked-in luggage, well packed amongst lots of clothes and stuff, with a padlock on the zip. It was not opened and searched, and no one pulled me off the plane asking questions. I also had a big C64 PSU in there too, parcels with packed SIDs and about 20 metres of audio and MIDI cables... and these went Melbourne to Rome, then Rome to Munich by air.

I thought checked-in luggage was the best option, considering the paranoia surrounding what you can actually carry on... "Oh no, sir, that tube of toothpaste is more than 100ml, you will need to throw it in the rubbish." Last year at Heathrow, I was not even allowed to carry on a laptop bag AND a projector, "Oh no, sir, that's two bags, you are only allowed one." The irony is, you go through the security checkpoint and then can buy bags of duty free booze etc. and waddle onto the plane carrying twenty plastic bags of stuff if you want. So now on planes I brush my teeth with vodka.