Build Midibox LC ?

Benjamin

Dear Benjamin

We can t decide for you!

Usually people build their own MIDI controller cause they want to have their own design.

The best advice i can give you is:

build a CORE with a DIN and a DOUT, hook up some buttons and leds, then load MB64, MB64E, MBLC, maybe a C skeleton and make your own app, pretty soon you ll figure out what suites best your needs

Simone

Yes, as a beginner you can make a midibox that has pots, motorfaders, encoders, LCDs, LEDs, joysticks, logic control, etc. You just need to be willing to read, learn, try, fail, read, learn, try again and spend lots of time and cash - being a little crazy helps. Everything will be just fine.

i just found the thread i had overlooked            http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,3650.0.html

from seppoman

"Build the core module and connect the LCD - after some soldering practice this should be possible in max. one week of your schedule. So after some weeks you can get the first feelings of success and start exploring what is possible and what is needed. This is the real fun Smiley

Just try not to think about too many things at once and everything will clear up with time. Perhaps Thorsten should put a "don´t panic" sign on the home page like on the cover of Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy Wink"

Hello Bejamin!

Did you read everything here: Ucapps?

There is soo much information available, and many times stuff just keeps bluring up.

Personally i miss vital information all the time.

Either way, if you check through this page, you'll see how modular the Mb64 is.

example 1 micro

example 2 mega

Knowledge is power, and as stated above..being crazy is a must!  8)

It`s not just core. And you cannot add a bunch of faders in LC. You can have just 8. You are missing some basic knowledge about MBHP, so it is better start reading or people will simply start ignoring these kind of questions.