Chat was Re: The definitive MB-6582 PCB/kit thread

Just for the newbies: The above post was a joke. DW can get away with it cause he's a regular around here...

Just a thought from me: When you say "I'm waiting patiently" - that is not waiting patiently! That's waiting loudly.

That is one mighty fine and thoughtful speech i must say wilba.

Smash if youre reading this, i hope the stress levels are low, and the morale levels are high!

Keep in there dude, and keep the workload balanced, dont ever let it start to break your back!

Does anyone else feel deep down that we should send the head honchos on this forum a gift or something as a token of our appreciation, for the hard work they put in?

I know we have the donation buttons (something i hope to use someday, when i get a job/welfare of some sort!)

When you consider all the money you save in comparrison to a sidstation it only feels right to do so.

Sorta OT but can't be stressed enough:

Donating is definitely a way to go, but a lot of people (like me, sadly) have the choice to either build boxes or donate. For those (and all others): A "thank you" to Smash, TK, Wilba, Twin-X, strys_one (list incomplete and in no particular order) and whoever helped you out with your projects is always greatly appreciated. Soooo, give credit where credit is due - an *honest* "thank you" is a really good way to help keep the contributors to this mighty fine project motivated ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Okee guys now im confused :o  is there a list somewhere???  if already posted in the second pcb batch thread so i think im on a list somewhere but where????? also posted in the partkit thread so im on the list there to.....but there are to many threads that through the threads you cant see the words...hahahaha

Again, to all of you who make this possible.... THANKS!!!

No need to complain about not finishing my MB6582 yet, I've had projects sitting on my bench for allot longer that still arent finished. Plus I wouldn't be as far as I am already without everyone's help!!!

Umm... Am I horribly wrong with this, or is this the right place to post the preorders for the PCB or the kit?

If it is, count me in for 1 PCB and 1 KIT with PICs. Thank you, and thank you a lot for all who has done all this possible! Seriously, this is just so awesomely cool!

Umm... Am I horribly wrong with this, or is this the right place to post the preorders for the PCB or the kit?

If it is, count me in for 1 PCB and 1 KIT with PICs. Thank you, and thank you a lot for all who has done all this possible! Seriously, this is just so awesomely cool!

I'm new to this project, as well. Have been collecting parts for a little while (so far I have purchased the PAC-10 case, ALBs knobs from a bulk-order, and SIDs from Wilba's MEGA-SALE #5). I understand it can be confusing, because there is a lot of information located in many places on this forum, in the Wiki and on ucapps site. I've read and re-read countless threads to make sure I don't miss anything.

As far as I can discern from my research, if you want MB-6582 PCB's and base parts kits, you just need to wait and keep checking back until there is an announcement that they are available at SmashTV's web store. I read somewhere that a message will go out to all forum users when these are available. As far as I can tell, you cannot sign up for these any longer.

The critical piece, in my estimation, are the PCB's. Unless you have the expertise to design one of these, the ability to etch the PCB or the money to pay a company to etch it for you (after you design it), you will only be able to get one through Smash when they are available. All of the other parts you can get on your own, just check the Wiki for the parts list and shop around places like Mouser.

There is an information overload for sure, but as far as purchasing parts/pcbs/kits/etc goes, there's a really good post HERE by Wilba which is a sticky and explains it all Smiley

heheh

10 PRINT "FORUM TOPIC 11367"

20 GOTO 10

READ BELOW if, like me, you fall into Scenario 4:  "I have recently discovered the MB-6582 project and have no parts for it at all. Where do I start?"

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,9838.0.html

Last Post in the topic:

Topic is locked until further notice.

Smash is working on the kits and it is pretty obvious now he needs to order alot.

No need to sign up anymore i think he gets the picture now.

To much poisening on this thread. We will send out a message to all members when the kits are available.

Regards,

Jeffry

I haven't put my name on any pre-order list, based on this information. I'm pretty sure we just need to wait until the announcement. If I'm wrong, let me know. I didn't see this specific information listed in Wilba's definitive post. So, I'm posting this as a clarification for newbies like me. Well, maybe they aren't like me if they don't take the time to read. I love reading these threads, I learn a lot and get enjoy all the different personalities. Especially Goblinz. He wants me to save my $7 crappy geiger counter in case of nuclear war. But, I'm going to canibalize it anyway and stick a SID in there.

I didn't see this specific information listed in Wilba's definitive post. So, I'm posting this as a clarification for newbies like me.

Yeh it used to be a bit more "clear" (aka blunt) but wilba softened it up and now it's not so "clear"...now Wilba knows why I'm always "clear" (aka blunt)

I love reading these threads, I learn a lot and get enjoy all the different personalities. Especially Goblinz. He wants me to save my $7 crappy geiger counter in case of nuclear war.

Err I think that was me ;) (said something about wait until the humans do something stupid)

Stryd - my wife and I just watched an interesting documentary on "peak oil" - now thinking I might hold on to that geiger counter for when the oil runs out and the sh*t hits the fan over here in America....

A geiger counter is the kind thing i would own just so that I could say I had one... Must be hours of fun taking readings from Blackpool sea wall. For those that aren't in the UK Blackpool is a city in the Uk just down the coast from a nuclear power plant and nearby to where they make nuclear rods, the wall shows up such high levels of radiation that you shoudln't be allowed near it. We had a most radioactive sandcastle competition there once, (which I won, have a certificate and everything) at one of the DNSCON conferences held there.

Saturday 16th::(5 - 7pm)::Sandcastle Competition::Blackpool Beach

In reality this is two competitions and will run on the Saturday subject to weather conditions. The first competition is the best sandcastle with an information security theme. Get your designs ready now! The second is for the most radioactive sandcastle! Blackpool is only a few miles away from Springfield where nuclear rods are made, and is also down the coast from Sellafield. (Contestants bringing their own radioactive material will be disqualified.)

http://www.dnscon.org/dns6/

Saturday 13th (10am - 1pm)::Sandcastle Competition, Blackpool Beach Will run on the Saturday subject to weather conditions. The competition is for the best sandcastle with an information security theme. Get your designs ready now! The radioactivity competition won't offically run this year due to the legal implications of someone bringing along material to 'boost' their castle. The competition must run AM this year due to the tide, this means a shift in the schedule slightly.

http://www.dnscon.org/dns8/index2.htm

Hmnn, think I may have gone off on one slightly there, completely off topic too.. sorry. I want me a geiger counter though.

G

Radioactive sand castle competition! Awesome!

Here's a geiger for you, like mine, but it would have to ship from the USA. I researched the one I have - the yellow box for USA civil defense - and they say it's not a real geiger counter, it's some sort of ion box. And I read that if mine actually picks up any radiation, I should run like hell because it only picks up large amounts!

eBay USA Geiger Counter

Russian version on eBay UK