MIDIbox CV PCB (CORE+AOUT+DINX1+Bankstick) + 2 x MAX525

sonicwarrior

suital from the sequencer.de forum was so kind to create a single PCB for the MIDIbox CV project.

The thread (in german) for this was:

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/viewtopic.php?t=18474

More information in english can be found here:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,11656.0.html

Please ask questions about the PCB there.

I'm taking over the bulk order of the PCB in bundle with the necessary MAX525BCPP+.

One set includes 1 PCB and 2 MAX525BCPP+.

As I have no PIC burner the necessary PIC is not included.

Instead of the difficult-to-get MAX6007B you can use a LM385-2,5. You'll only need to re-calculate some resistor values.

Costs per set: 35,20 Euro (old info)

(Without shipping/package costs)

The whole thing works only if I can sell exactly 50 sets! (Because of packaging units)

If someone wants to take part in this buld order please let me know here how many sets you will take.

Deadline is the 30.06.2008 at 20 o'clock (CEST).

List (29.6.2008):

sonicwarrior: 3 sets

amp1ron: 3 sets

Doug Wellington: 4 sets

Jaicen: 1 set

Madox: 2 sets

StormB: 1 set

snykehd: 2 sets

xarolium: 3 sets

Left: 0 sets

Edit: I'm located in Germany!

Edit2: Here is the requested pic of the PCB (3D model):

MBCV2_06.jpg

Edit3: Page (currently only in germany):

http://www.sdiy.de/de/projects/midiboxcv.html

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added a picture.

TK has made a suggestion to include the PIC in the kit (he would then burn the PICs and send them to me).

I have to think about that because I don't have enough "IC sticks" (I hope this is the correct translation of "IC-Stangen").

Anyway I think a Safeshield box (from Warmbier) would be best. Would only add ca. 0,6 Euro to the costs of each PIC but

you can re-use it at home or use it to store the PIC.

Here is a picture of the safeshield boxes I mean:

5510.9.jpg

But I have to investigate deeper at home.

It is not my board design:

suital from the sequencer.de forum was so kind to create a single PCB for the MIDIbox CV project.

As prototype PCBs already have been made any further change would require a new prototype PCB and someone who is willing and has the the time to re-design the PCB +

new stuffing and testing of the prototype. And 32 new resistors and 8 new trimmers will have to be placed somewhere which means a bigger PCB

which is more expensive + I have to charge the costs of the prototype PCB (prototypes are expensive).

In my eyes an external solution or modification would therefore be better if you need negative CV values.

Personally I currently won't need that and I would not be happy with a further delay of this project because I need the

MIDIbox CV soon.

34 sets left and 10 days to go. Let's see if this groupbuy will happen.
Any chance the deadline can be extended?

I would have thought more people would be interested in getting their hands on the Max525's. They're not so easy to find, if one doesn't have access to samples.

Well there is no cheaper way to get a MIDIbox CV with AOUT...
That was my impression. It's a great chip, great MIDIBox project. Come on people, sign on, sign on! A pro quality MIDI-CV box is something which just creates so many opportunities and options in a studio.

would like to get on board with this the max 525 are impossible from oz

if your willing to post out to australia i"m in for two sets ;D

Hmm, I am in Oz too. I just assumed that postage would be OK, at the appropriate price. Postage from Germany to Australia is not the cheapest, though I have had no difficulty with this before.

I also have had little luck purchasing these in Aus. I did manage to wrangle a couple of samples, but the local distributer was really not too pleased that they were not linked to a bulk manufactured product.