"soap" pointing device

cimo

This is an ergonomics nightmare. I don't rate this device at all highly. Look at his thumb when he operates it! ugh.

i have never tried it so i can t really say anything, anyway i ve found out that one of the best solution to ease pain/cramp on arm/hand is to switch among different devices (i use an ergonomic logitech mouse, a track pad and a tracking point.

Simone

EDIT: all in all this is a pointing device for standing position or sofa surfing, i don t think ergonomy is a must in this case

Logitech don't make ergonomic mice, but they make some they *call* ergonomic :) (I have some myself)

You want ergonomics? Eye tracking is the way. When was the last time you clicked on something without looking at it? So, if your eyes move there anyway, why not use that, and keep your arms free?

http://thirtysixthspan.com/openEyes/ seems to be the tool of choice....

You want ergonomics? Eye tracking is the way. When was the last time you clicked on something without looking at it? So, if your eyes move there anyway, why not use that, and keep your arms free?

Way cool - that way I could hold 2 cups of coffee at the same time ;D

OK try this... as you navigate around your PC for a few minutes after you read this, take note of the time difference between your eye hitting the spot you want to click on, and your hand moving the mouse to that point and clicking it.

Just imagine how fast you could operate....

While we're on the subject, if you guys haven't tried it or something like it, check out an app called StrokeIt. Yes, it's a dodgy name, but the app is king. Mine is at 70790 gestures performed, at the moment.

Also, TypeMatrix keyboards. Maltron and Kinesys Contoured models also have this straight-grid keyboard design, and I'm here to tell you that anything else is pure stupidity. Staggered keyboard layouts are a throwback to early mechanical keyboards, and are an ergonomics nightmare.

Edit: another ergo-tip - Dvorak keyboard layouts. Be warned it takes a long time to break your bad QWERTY habit, and that once you type dvorak you'll develop a hatred for qwerty and it's inefficiency.