Building a core module in 4 minutes...

8O

Hehehehe, when I saw the topic, I thought it was a whole core soldered in 4 minutes real-time... I thought "wow, OK that's really fast!"

nice video :)

Nice video, but also disappointed...  ;D surely it's not impossible to solder a Core in 4 minutes real-time?

I might have to try it...

Cheers for all the nice comments. It's my first midibox attempt, so the actual time was 3-4 hours spread over 2 evenings (in between watching the Euro 2008 football  :) )

All the great documentation and pictures on the ucapps site made it very easy to build the board - thanks!

Edit: actually, most of the time was spent twisting various items in and out of the pcb drill holes as many of the holes were too narrow for the intended device. I wonder if this is common, or just in the summer  ;) :)

Im going more for documentation for myself than an instructional.

Ill put a warning: Do not under any circumstances copy what you see here - its most likely incorrect!!!

I'd go with "Don't try this at home, kids!" ;D

(Searching for what GROT #1 means now)

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/troubleshooting#golden_rules_of_troubleshooting ;)

Wilba, we can have a core-off... Side by side, soldering race.... we just need a cute girl to stand between us and wave a flag to start the race :D

Nice vid.

I particularly liked the way you checked for coninuinity between a lot of the points.

I wouldnt have thought of this, seems to be better to detect a problem before its finished,

rather than spend a longer time trying to diagnose one.

• 3 weeks later...

And the award for smallest LCD goes to.........

Hehe, yeah, I know  ;D - I searched on here for 2x8 LCD, but no real results, so I thought I might as well just try it. The core connector layout made it nice and easy. All that continuity checking on the core has paid off so far...  :)

Hehe, yeah, I know  ;D - I searched on here for 2x8 LCD, but no real results, so I thought I might as well just try it. The core connector layout made it nice and easy. All that continuity checking on the core has paid off so far...  :)

if anybody interested

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230105113751&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=360060331000&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42