"DIY Home etch" Kicad CORE project

cimo

I kinda like the [iurl=#msg95703]this style[/iurl], 3d bottom-up... gives a nice oversight of what sits where, without obscuring the traces tooo much. As for normal layout shots (2D) Kicad has a nice 'High Constrast Mode' feature where it pales and greys the layers that you aren't on, and highlights the layer you are on... that makes for nice pix too.

Yeah, the 3d stuff is really... cute, but can you post a classic top-down view as well, pleaaaaase? ;)

here it goes, i am not still totally familiar with the rendering procedure, i get a .ps form kicad which i transform in pdf then load in inkscape and render as png.. anyway you can have a look at the work, it still needs improvement ..

today i ve tried to change pads drill size by text replacing it took a few clicks ot get all pads to a different size, awesome: that is i don t need to create new footprints (as i did in eagle) i can just keep the original footprints and change all the pads drill holes altogether.

core1go1.png

and 3D top view:

coreua3.png

pfff another one:

screenshothomeiokicadcomk6.png

I'd change the footprints of some of the caps:

C6 (330n), C3, C7, C8 (100n) have a tendency to come in 5.08mm (200mil) spacing.

Sidenote: If you move the parts around R11 a bit you can lay that one flat as well.

thanks for all the comments,

so far i ve changed the footprints for the caps using 3 pads footprints (not possible for C8), fixed C5 to 200mil pitch, made some space for the GND zone to reach all the way inside the PIC footprint, so i had no need to add any other zone, repositioned R2 and i ve laid down (ehmmm) R11 and used larger clearance for the zone.

screenshothomeiokicadcojg0.png