seppoman

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doug,

I sent the email to dougwellington@gmail.com. All it said was whether or not I'm on the list for ssm2044s. I have boards built and only need those to complete them. It's been a really long time since I've heard anything and I just want to be sure. Good luck with the marrow donations. I did not mean to imply that you were not reliable. thanks.

Looks like we have 2 options for Polystyrene caps:

Lower accuracy, (5%), working out at £1.80 per board, (6x10nF 2 x 820pF),

or precision (1%) working out at £8.60 per board.

Carriage on top.

I priced for 50 boards here. I can't get a better price on the 1% ones unless I buy 1000 off - which means I need to order 167 boards worth.

I've priced in UK £'s because of the state of the currency: it keeps my sums right, and people might get a better deal.

So, it's up to people on the group: I need at least 50 people who want a kit, and a decision about which caps to get. I'll do 1 batch, and only 1 type.

Just a thought: should I try to get a bulk for the relays?: I don't think they are that common an item either.

Looks like we have 2 options for Polystyrene caps:

Lower accuracy, (5%), working out at £1.80 per board, (6x10nF 2 x 820pF),

or precision (1%) working out at £8.60 per board.

Carriage on top.

I priced for 50 boards here. I can't get a better price on the 1% ones unless I buy 1000 off - which means I need to order 167 boards worth.

I've priced in UK £'s because of the state of the currency: it keeps my sums right, and people might get a better deal.

So, it's up to people on the group: I need at least 50 people who want a kit, and a decision about which caps to get. I'll do 1 batch, and only 1 type.

Just a thought: should I try to get a bulk for the relays?: I don't think they are that common an item either.

Any ideas on what effect the tolerance would have on the sound? Would the 5% add a bit of dirt?

A relay bulk would be appreciated, it makes things a lot easier (maybe not for you tho!)

happy to help out  :)

google-fu ?

nah just got lucky and a high perservance factor

I was chasing 1000pf silver mica 1% for a bunch of oscilators

and came across that site in my endless wanderings i think it was buried deep under

the eleventyth page i looked at . had to open a good bottle [ bourbon ] when i found it to celebrate

everywhere else was way dearer or ex russian military requiring a crane and dogman to shoehorn into place

btw for any that may not be aware  polystyrene caps are quite heat sensitive and i would recommend the use of

an alligater clip on the leads while soldering especially on the short lead when vertically mounting them as on these boards.

He's in California right now donating Bone Marrow. . . . .

I wonder if there is any evidence for genetic transmission of aptitude. I have this vision of the receiver of the transplant waking up with a puzzling desire for a soldering iron.

Or even more serious; "The Knack"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FlJsPa6UwcM&feature=related

Hiya guys!  I'm back from the bone marrow donation.  Everything went well, and today (the 24th) the recipient is getting his infusion!  Send your good thoughts his way...

I don't have to work between Christmas and the new year, so I'll be sending out invoices and shipping everything during that time.  (I've got a lot of catching up to do, please bear with me!)