Dual SSM2044 PCB Bulk Order

seppoman

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got word from DW. I really feel bad now. He said that he's been out of commission because in the process of his marrow donation they found he has some kind of heart trouble. So, he is now back to work and will get back here with some activity soon. He told me to let those of us who were unaware of this know what's going on.

When I purchased the boards (5), it was a package deal, boards and chips. I got the boards in good faith but am still waiting for the chips.

Just to clarify, please point out how anything I've posted:

1. I believe I can get the SSM2044 cheaply in bulk, but there is no guarantee. However, there seems to be quite a lot around, so they're not especially rare, I'm just pointing out that I haven't actually bought any yet.

I cannot guarantee supply of SSM2044 chips, or give anything but rough estimations of price and expected delivery.

Doug Wellington has a bunch of them also and would like to sell them. The orders from the U.S. will be passed onto him, resulting in cheaper postage and less work for me. It's a win-win-win situation.

... gives the impression of a "package deal"?

It was clear from the very beginning that the ICs were a separate bulk order, run by myself, paid for in advance by me with my cash and then selling them at cost. Doug said he had 200 lying around which was conveniently enough to cover the orders from the U.S.

You don't see me posting here having a bitch about people who put their names down on a bulk order and then change their mind, or don't pay their PayPal invoices or want me to hold their order until they decide whether they can find the parts for the PCBs they have already. Oops, I just had a bitch about it. Man, I'm such a hypocrite.

Please advise how I can be Mr. Nice Guy and help people out, without them thinking I'll make their life so easy that they don't need to do anything for themselves.

</rant>

Oh, I didn't realise that you are familiar with the details of running a worldwide bulk order. </sarcasm>

But that said, I give a fuck about Doug the human, and not parts. Your message reflects your area of concern.... Yes this is the part where you should hang your head in shame....

<SNIP!>

Wow... That's a very restrained of you S1!

People need to be patient with these buld orders. I know how difficult it is from selling the knobs. The people organising them aren't doing it commercially. They have jobs, lives, families and maybe occasionally want to go out to the pub/club on a weekend. Occasionally they may even like to make their own midibox equipment or even make some tunes.

With every knob order I have done there are people who cannot follow instructions. They don't provide all the details requested, change their minds 6 times. Decide they don't want an order after I have already ordered the knobs (the reason why all payments must be in), and all this in dispite of spending ages writing out fool-proof instructions to save myself the grief.

In short, when somebody arranges a bulk order they are doing you a favour. If that person has stuff going on in their personal life then it's unavoidable, tough shit, especially when they are fronting the money. I'm sure we all have plenty of other projects on the go to be getting on with and there's always plenty of reading up to be done. Yes, these things can take a few months (A lot of us were waiting nearly a year between getting the MB6582 PCBs and getting the kits). So in short... If you don't think a bulk order is going fast enough, don't bitch about it in public, have the respect to approach the organiser individually - There will always be a good reason for the dealy.

Wow... That's a very restrained of you S1!

I do try. You'd never guess it to watch me but honest I do.  :D

make some tunes.

Tunes, hm.....Isn't that some kind of deep sea fish? Good in sushi? I dunno, you've got me there.

Sorry just providing comedic relief... What G just said is bang on and should be taken seriously.

• 9 months later...

Hi all! just got my account working. my dumbass can't figure out how to get on the list, but i'd like to get 10 pcbs. also about how much per pcb are we looking at? if they're cheep enough i may want more... Thanks in advance, have a good one...

BTW... i get paid every first of the month, so the first week of any given month i can pay up. i can't imagine having to front all the money for a bulk order, kudos to those brave souls! anyways this month is tight (xmas), but janruary on i should be good. i guess i should be pming this huh? anyways...

ATTENTION! I will pay for my PCBs up front to help push the bulk order though!!! up to 100 usd via paypal. sorry if i sound like a crackhead, but i don't want to miss out...

Edited by torn

Wow, finally catching up on the forum, and I see this...

The only thing I can say is that I have sent all parts out to everyone who has sent me money. (Well, that, and I'm sorry I got sick - I had some heart issues, plus I've donated bone marrow twice this year for a leukemia patient, and they're threatening to do a complete knee replacement on me. On top of that, I have an 18 year old daughter (!), my brother-in-law just left his wife of 17 years and 14 year old kid so I've been family counselor, and I've been doing alcohol intervention with a close friend...)

Anyway, I still have some SSM chips left, so if anybody is still interested, I'll be happy to work something out with you. I'm on a business trip until the 11th, but I'll be able to collect money and send parts the week of December 14th...

Regards,

Doug

Anyway, I still have some SSM chips left, so if anybody is still interested, I'll be happy to work something out with you. I'm on a business trip until the 11th, but I'll be able to collect money and send parts the week of December 14th...

Darn... Just ordered a batch from China...

Really glad you are back!