MB-SEQ V3/V4 Control Surface PCB and matching case

Wilba

It might be worth going more seriously professional and using a sub panel with countersunk through screws, and putting the fancy engraved trim panel on top of it. The good bit here is that it separates the aesthetic and structural panels, so the sub panel can be steel, and does not have to have accurate switch holes, just cut throughs.

I used this for a few other synth designs, (and no pix, my proto panels are sub ghetto at the moment). On trick I did was to have a hinged panel on the back for the PCB in the module, so it was compact, but easy to work on when I needed to.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks...

yes I also need to give big thanks to Nebula for sharing his encoder stash and arranging a private bulk order with me for 1800 Rean knobs ;)

also thanks to the other Americans who shared their encoders with other people in this bulk order.

Yes thank you everybody. Here's me playing on my unfinished mb seq the first day I got it running. Go easy it was my first time messing around with it:) Just doing simple mutes and un-mutes. It was a breeze making patterns but I still need to learn how to save properly as I had something way cooler to show then accidentally rebooted it and lost my pattern that I spent a good 40 min on then made this one in ten min and settled for it.

I will do some tutorials when I fully figure the thing out. But so far it rocks any other sequencer I have ever used!

Regards,

echo

i just received my missing parts for the Frontpanel. Do you have a Parts List with the designator, e.g. which IC's to put in which socket ?

The question is just more or less where to put the to 74HC595, because on the other positions 74HC165 would then be placed :-)

The quick answer is... the 74HC165 go between two resistor networks (and inversely, the 74HC595 go where there aren't resistor networks).

Apologies for lack of parts list... that's what you get for being "Bleeding Edge Prototypers", no build instructions! ;)

Hi Wilba,  Is the PCB + Parts on your bulk order page still available?  Also is there a bulk order going for the front panel?

I checked the bulk order page and I am not sure if it is still open.

It's open as such... but nothing is being done yet until Doug and I get some time to sort out the case/panel design and he has time to make them.

J1 is the DIN/DOUT connection to a Core, i.e. it is 1:1 with J8/J9

J2 is the DIN/DOUT connection to other control surface elements, i.e. the end of the DIN/DOUT chain.

J3 is optional Beat LED connection (if not mounting LED to PCB)

J4/J5 is where you connect the datawheel encoder pins to the PCB using wires (J5 optional, for encoders with switch).

Okay, now to Troubleshooting. When i put in USB the CORE32 boots and i get LEDS lit on: TRACK GRP 4, TRIGGER LAYER C, PATTERN C, and FAST/ALL LED.

If i press anybutton the lights all go off until i release the button, but it is not specific to one special.

any thoughts ? I havent got the LCD's yet so i cannot tell yet what the screen is reporting.

Connection is 1:1 and the CORE32 is connected to J1.