does commercial use extend to..

#three

Hello all,

This may seem like a ridiculous question but I want to be certain before I invest time/money into a midibox. Can I use midibox in my band? Like not selling midiboxes, just using one onstage, which i would say is technically commercial use.

Actually I think that's a very good question :)

Only TK can give the correct answer to this question, but I think I can safely say that it is not only allowed but encouraged. Maybe if you get rich off your gig you can give TK and Twinny a nice donation :)

• 5 weeks later...

well we fought our way up to breaking even, after three years. i anticipate profit any day now though. any day now..

Hey, congrats. I think that's already pretty decent, and more financial success than I hope to achieve with my music.

I will be happy if people enjoy my tunes, and some airplay would be sweet. Luckily there is a very decent and diverse local radio station in my little town of Perth.

• 11 months later...

I too have wondered about this. I would love to build a midibox as a present for a good friend of mine who is a professional musician. She's not making huge amounts from her music, but is signed to a label and makes most of her income from music.

It might be a good idea to put a specific note about this in the FAQ, since "commercial use" could apply equally to selling hardware and to selling creative works produced using that hardware.