• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rough numbers are:

100 X 3FTL6  UNKNOWN.

100 X 3FTL6  "Quiet"

50 X 1D.16 (Translucent white)

50 X 1S11.16.0 (Clear cylindrical)

I might be interested in the quiet switches instead of the clicky ones, but it sounds like you'd have to look to see if the LED toggles to know if you pressed hard enough.  I'm not too interested at jabbing at buttons, I'd rather just press them.

I'm in for the quiet switches if the price is right, otherwise I'll go for the clicky ones.

I might be interested in the quiet switches instead of the clicky ones, but it sounds like you'd have to look to see if the LED toggles to know if you pressed hard enough. 

Surprisingly, no... I mean obviously you need to push them once or twice to "get to know them" but it' s pretty clear to feel when they're closed... The resistance of the switch pushing against your finger seems to increase exponentially once you pass the throw point.

If you brush against them or lightly bump them, they won't close, but if you push them with any kind of deliberate force they'll close, and you can tell when they do.

Stryde..

sorry, could you point me to the drawing for the dims of the clear buttons again... didn't download it (I think we did that on the chat and I didn't save it) and am ready to make the sub-structure for the encoders and switches... etc.

thanx

gb

70 of : 3FTL6 "Quiet"  $1.80

70 of : 1D.16 (Translucent white)  0.40c

It's gonna be a very expensive DuoLED matrix  :o  but damn nice...  ;D

FWIW I'll be making a PCB for the DuoLED matrix eventually (unless bugfight beats me to it, but then I might want mine different, who knows?) If people have any plans to build a DuoLED matrix, now's the time to consider getting these switch caps (and maybe the "Quiet" switches). The MEC 3F switch seems the most likely candidate for use in a "standard" DuoLED matrix PCB (not counting the SparkFun rubbery buttons), there just aren't many illuminated switches that can take a bicolour LED with three pins, and even the MECs need a little tweaking to fit that third lead. Even if a PCB doesn't get made, the fact that the MEC switch leads align to a 100mil/2.54mm grid, they'll fit into veroboard/prototyping board nicely.

I'm definitely interested in that, yes. Though I will have only limited space on my front panel, especially the "height" of the PCB needs to be as small as  possible (well, as small as reasonable...).

Also, I've been searching for these three-legged 3mm LEDs for quite some time without success. All I could find was the 5mm version - I suppose these don't fit the MEC switches, right?

Best regards, ilmenator

They're the same only bigger :)

I could ask, but I'm not sure.... It'd certainly need to be >100 but your order is, so.... yeh I'll see. If more people are interested that would help.

I may run a 2nd order, especially if Wilba does a layout using these, cause we all know what happens when wilba does a layout....We're gonna need a lot ;D

Is there a possibility to order some 1T.16 and 1U.16 (feels better than the 1D)?

1T.16 is rectangular shaped, which means you'll need to invest more money to get a decent front panel.

1U.16 seems to be a rather attractive (even better, IMHO) alternative to the 1D.16 caps.  It is also round shape but with a slight curvature on top (instead of the bevel found on the 1D.16). So yes, I'm interested  ;D

Best regards, ilmenator

It's gonna be a very expensive DuoLED matrix  :o  but damn nice...  ;D

yeah i was thinking so too, will know for sure when fabled samples arrive...

FWIW I'll be making a PCB for the DuoLED matrix eventually (unless bugfight beats me to it,

i have quite a head start on ya, wanna race?

*whack*

Hello everyone, my first post here.  I'm wondering if it's too late to order the following:

15 pcs 1D.16 (translucent white)

And also, wondering if the quantity is too low to place, or if there are enough requests for that style to justify.  Thanks!

Just an update (I'll try and keep you guys in the loop, seeing as I am taking a relaxed approach, so you don't get "what's he doing now?" factor)

I had yesterday off sick and had a lot of catching up to do today... I'll try again tomorrow.