questions about one wall psu or 2 wall psu sid stereo 6582 A

boops

hi,everybody...i am building a stereo sid . 8)

For the moment ,my core and the lcd are Ok...(i use a single wall psu regulated 9V 1A)i ve downloaded the version sid V2RC 22... 8)

modules sid are finished..

now psu connections ???

After ,many hours on the forum,i find lots of good informations(encoders pins...etc) and also this shematic:MIDIbox SID V2: see mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

I don't find c64 psu

Questions are:Can i use the same wall psu(9V) for the sids using a regulator 7809 (the same voltage!!) or avoid the regulator?

And ,then use 3 idc10 to connect the core  and the 2 sid modules (with the 5V)? loop ground problem?

do i use another wall psu (12V)just for the sid modules?loop ground problem?

and how use this shematic:MIDIbox SID V2: see mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf with 1 psu 9V 1A and if i need the second one 12V 600mA ?

If i use two psu which ground for the cs board, and bansticks?                                               

Best regards..Boop's

Hi boops. You can't feed a 7809 with 9V, it won't work... You could maybe power it with a 12V supply, but there could be issues with ground differentials.....really, I would strongly recommend the optimised c64 psu. You should be able to get the PSU itself second hand, and you'll need all the extra parts anyway :)

thanks stryd. i am in holidays in mountain..impossible to get a C64 here..?,..can i take the 9V regulated of the wall psu 9v1A just before the J1 of the core ?core + lcd around 500mA and 2X1OOm for the sid modules...if you had seen my wife    :o( (when i 've putted 4 big boxes(smash tv ,voti) with tools ,pcb ,components ,7 wall psu,etc...i want just to progress in this sid project..i know PSU is a real problem..A+(ciao in french style)

8,70v is enough to the sid ?i find one 11V dc 1A 11v to 5v  is it too much ?,i put a radiator on the 7805.down the backlight.;..to avoid a mistake on the sid polarity!11v to 7809 is it enough?thanks (i try to put mec 3FTL6 pictures...)

8.7 is probably OK, the small difference will be a mix of error on your meter and the PSU.

The 11V to the 7805 may be OK with a big heatsink....

I would say: Try it with the 9V adapter, and if it doesn't work, try the 11V. Maybe you could do:

240V--->xformer--->11V--->7809--->7805---Core

\

'--->SID

Just, test all the voltages before you put the chips in!

hi last night,i 've made this connection

240V--->xformer--->11V--->7809--->7805---Core

\

'--->SID

core + LCD work,voltage for pin 14 ,28 of the 6582 is alright...now i must connect the core + sids , the trick is only one ground for all pcbs and veroboard i will use?as the shematic with c64 cpu?with j14 on S0 of the second sid(stereo)?and for the 5V of the sid just vd from j2(not vs)cause i 've got the vs(ground)on J1 (psu plug)... am i on the right way? thanks..

after the connections..see above, i ve found around 5,8 V on ic 2 and ic 3  ...it seems too much regarding the initial 5V??? on the core i 've got 5v and on the sid chip C1 9V ...i didn't put  the ics no sound for the moment... :(  PSU is an art!!!!

i ve found around 5,8 V on ic 2 and ic 3  ...it seems too much regarding the initial 5V???

Hmm maybe a little too high, yes.... But I am confused:

on the core i 've got 5v and on the sid chip C1 9V

Where is the 5.8V?

...i didn't put  the ics no sound for the moment... :( 

Good idea! It's best to wait, and be safe ;)

PSU is an art!!!!

You got that right!!

hi,here ...the sid shematic...below...voltage are 5V and 9V for me ..unluckly i've got around 5,83V on the sid module beetwenn pin 8 and 16 for the two ICs...8,88V beetween 14 and 28 ,and 5,83 V beetween 14 and 25 on IC1 ...but on the core i've got the 5V and it's works fine ,i have to put the LCD in 4 bits...don't forget,i take my 9V just after the 7809 on the sid..

240V--->xformer--->13V500mA--->7809--->7805---Core

\

'--->SID

connections beetween core and sids are done..

no c 64 ON ebay..? Boops

mbhp_sid_v3.pdf

yes,i 've got the sid noise in the mountain!!!!with a little ground noise(like overdrive on guitar...noise gate,i think)awaiting a C64 psu..can i try to put off some Vs here or there?......i have to built bankstick and cs...thanks Stryd