My MBSID

napierzaza

Hey, I finally got most of my MBSID setup.

It has built in USB, and a custom interface with some, but not all, the modules. A lot of the knobs and stuff are recycled. It's a stereo SID with a custom made PCB for the SID chips, had to modify the core somewhat to get the same core-sidB interconnection as Wilba.

The white panel is there because my original LCD screen broke and was much bigger. So I really had to hack apart the case and make a bezel to make the thing fit.

I'm still debugging parts, for some reason it does not see my bankstick. I'm not sure why that is, as I've checked the wiring over and over and it's kosher. Can they burn out? Also I have to reconfig my LEDs at least, as they are a little messed.

EDIT: changed the images to easier to see ones.

3187_IMG_5009_jpgd6d3bf50a8951f2fea77686

3189_IMG_5015_jpg01053247d8ca96488c79a94

3191_IMG_5019_jpg522901e4869c111e5cfbbfb

3193_IMG_5032_jpg0ea3788df5ca89ac0493e22

Yeah, I keep finding handles where I work, but I really like having them on there, kinda protects the CS, but also looks wicked. I have some really long ones and a really long aluminum case if I ever get the money to go ahead with a SEQ.

The only thing I regret is following the instructions. In learning how to do these, I followed the basic config and layout, but I would have liked to have just designed my own front panel instead. Ah well. I just want to get this thing running already.

The white front bezel is good, it's a little crooked because I hand cut/filed it in my apartment.

Thanks guys